November 2011 Car Of The Month: NastyStang113

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FrontAngle2Copy.jpg

November 2011 Car Of The Month: NastyStang113

This month we have Michael's 2008 Mustang GT. While Michael's ride has been meticulously modded since November of 2007, it still remains a reliable daily driver. This car is clean from top to bottom, and has the power to back up the looks. Lets take a closer look at this black beauty. (Michael is also an excellent photographer, and his pictures do a great job showing how clean and meticulously detailed his daily driver is.)

3Copy.jpg

Starting with the engine, Michael opted for forced induction. A Roush TVS R2300 supercharger pushing 11 lbs of boost, along with a tune from Justin @ VMP Tuning, gets the job done producing 524 rwhp and 501 ft-lbs of torque. A stout power level for a daily driver for sure. An AFCO heat exchanger keeps the intake air temps cool, and a GT 500 fuel system always makes sure there is enough fuel on hand. A Magnaflow catback system with an off-road X-pipe helps the motor breathe. The engine compartment itself is one of the cleanest you will find anywhere--and remember--this is Michael's daily driver, not some garage queen.

To get the power to the ground, Michael has a host of suspension mods. Tokico D-specs with Steeda sport springs work in conjunction with BMR billet lower control arms and relocation brackets. Michael uses a Steeda adjustable upper control arm with the stronger Steeda upper control mount, along with Steeda anti sway bars front and rear.

RearAngleCopy.jpg

For the exterior, Michael chose a Kaenen 3" cowl hood and Roush front fascia. A Roush chin spoiler and a P51 grille finish out the aggressive looking front end. A Roush rear spoiler finishes out the Roush theme of the car. Smoked headlights and taillights along with tinted turn signal lenses and tinted windows complete the sinister theme of the car. American Racing Rogue wheels 20"X8.5" front and 20"X10" rear put the power to the ground with Nitto 255/35/20 tires front and Nitto NT05 315/35/20 tires in the rear.

LightedSills.jpg

For the interior, Michael uses the Speed Of Sound gauge pods and cup holder switch panel. A Dynojet wideband commander and an autometer boost gauge along with a raptor shift light helps Michael keep an eye on things. Check out the custom lighted sill plates Michael had made.

Mod List:

Exterior:

Kaenen 3” Cowl Hood
Roush Front Fascia.
Roush Chin Spoiler.
Roush P51 Grille.
Roush Rear Spoiler.
Painted and Smoothed Mirrors.
Smoked OEM Style Headlights
Smoked OEM Style Tailights
HIDs Headlights / Foglights
"Nazty GT" Fender Emblems by Steve Smart.
G2 Painted Calipers.
Tinted Turn Signal Lenses & Tinted Rear Tail Lights.
5% Tint on Both Sides & Rear Window. 35% on the Windshield.
American Racing Rogue 20x8.5" wrapped in Nitto NT555 255/35/20s Front.
American Racing Rogue 20x10" wrapped in Nitto NT05 315/35/20s Rear.

Performance:

Tuning done by Justin at VMP Tuning. ( www.VMPTuning.com. )
Roush TVS R2300 Supercharger - 11 lbs - 524 rwhp / 501 rwtq
VMP Tuning TVS Pulley.
GT500 Fuel System.
AFCO Heat Exchanger.
McLeod RST.
Magnaflow Catback with O/R X Pipe.
SLP Line Lock.

Suspension & Chassis:

Tokico D-Specs.
GT500 Strut Mounts.
Steeda Sport Springs.
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar + Panhard Bar Bracket.
BMR Billet Lower Control Arms.
BMR Relocation Brackets (Welded).
Steeda Adjustable UCA + UCA Mount.
Steeda Sway Bars (Front and Rear).
CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters.
Hawk HPS Brake Pads with Upgraded Brake Fluid.

Interior:

Speed of Sound Cupholder Switch Panel.
Speed of Sound A-Pillar Gauge Pod.
Autometer Sport Comp II Boost Gauge.
Dynojet Wideband Commander.
Raptor Shift Light.
S2000 Start Button.
Steeda Pedals.
Homelink Mirror.
MGW Short Throw Shifter.
Custom Lighted Sill Plates

Audio:

Headunit: Pioneer AVIC-Z2.
Door Speakers: Boston Acoustic S85 (Front and Rear).
Dynamat Extreme Insulation.

In Michael's own words:

The name is Michael. I bought my car in November of 2007 after trading in a 2006 F150 that was pretty modded. I bought my car with the intention of only doing a few bolt ons, lowering it, wheels and tires, the normal stuff. I can't even remember when that plan was actually abandoned. The idea always was to have a badass street car that was still capable of being a daily driver. I believe that it has lived up to that. Either way, I don't regret where my car is. Very happy with it, been quite reliable as well.

Congrats Michael from the entire S197 team for being selected as November 2011 Car of the Month!

FrontCopy.jpg

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice ride :cheers:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back