Now I really did it, car's never gonna drive the same again...

Patriot_0311

Reaction score
Yup, I cut my stock springs. All 4 of 'em.

Before:
Before.jpg

After:
After.jpg

Pics don't do it justice, and I wish I would have taken before & after measurements, but I cut one full coil off the front springs and 1.5 coils off the back. Wanted to lower/level it, and I'm really happy with how it turned out, both how it looks & drives.

While I had everything apart I put in some Koni Orange struts/shocks, J&M LCAs, and J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar. (LCARBs are on the way from AM). It rides just like stock, albeit a slight bit firmer. Not harsh at all.

Jake

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Darren's good twin.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'm not gonna hate on someone cutting springs. Peeps have been doing it ever since people first started modding cars.

I bought a used Miata a few years ago, and before I put proper dampers and lowering springs on it, I cut the stock springs for moar low. It pretty much rode like crap on the worn out 150K miles shocks, but I didn't die in a fiery crash. And it looked sick! :thumb:

Patriot, you should look into some wheel spacers to cure that fender gap. Or just get wider wheels and tires.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I hope everyone realizes that every coil spring ever fashioned has been "cut", right?

Patriot_0311

Reaction score
Patriot, you should look into some wheel spacers to cure that fender gap. Or just get wider wheels and tires.

Yup! The factory rims are pretty trashed from the previous owner(s), so that's in the cards at some point.

Jake

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back