Oil pan choices

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
The 2013 GT500 oil pan with pickup and windage tray is no longer available for my 298 stroker 3V build.

What's a recommended plan B?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from Steve@Tasca on this. First they monkey off our 3v timing kit prices, now they're doing away with a badass oil pan upgrade? Ford doesn't like our money or what?!

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from Steve@Tasca on this. First they monkey off our 3v timing kit prices, now they're doing away with a badass oil pan upgrade? Ford doesn't like our money or what?!

I believe its because dealerships get grumpy when FRPP prices are too good on stuff. Cuts into the money they can make selling parts over the counter.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I believe its because dealerships get grumpy when FRPP prices are too good on stuff. Cuts into the money they can make selling parts over the counter.

Only time I've ever bought anything over the counter from Ford was my air filter for my '13 F250. I hate the Ford parts counter. I walk into the place and it feels like I've stepped into a "The Quick and the Dead" scene. If you don't watch your ass, they'll haul your wallet with serious overdraft fees.

I know people with car payments less than it costs to get a spare key made at Ford.

A T-shirt at Ford costs more than all-you-can-eat Sushi, for 2 people. With tip.

Watch out for their "free coffee", you're better off with the $1.09 stuff at 7-Eleven, at least there you don't walk out with $40,000 in debt for the next 5 years.

If I owned a Ford stealership, I would also own the brothel next to it. At least then I know I own 1 honest business.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I owned a Ford stealership, I would also own the brothel next to it. At least then I know I own 1 honest business.

thats the funniest thing i've heard in a while, i may just need to steal that line.

Jon_Purdy

forum member
Reaction score

How does this have to be modified in order to fit the 4.6L?

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It doesn't, the pan bolts on a stock 4.6L.

If you also use the windage tray there is a small area in the front that gets cut out. I forget exactly. But it will be obvious when you put it on.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
i thought the oil pan, windage tray and the pickup tube were still available.
you just have to buy them separately. they are not available as a kit anymore.

don't forget that you might need longer bolts for the pan. the cast pan is thicker than a stamped pan in the mount area.

YES the cast 5.8 pan bolts on a 4.6 block without mods. as someone posted you need to cut out a area for the 3V pickup tube.
iI HAVE ONE ON MY CAR NOW.

oil pan list price $519.05 DR3Z-6675-A Oil Pan

windage tray/ gasket list price $104.92

BR3Z-6710-B Oil Pan Gasket

pick up tube list price $34.15

7R3Z-6622-AA Oil Pick-Up

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back