Oil Relocation kit issues

Gt_Dreams

Reaction score
I currently bought the on3 Performance Oil filter Relocation kit for my 06 Mustang GT, i tried installing it but when i tighten the adapter that goes on the block all the way the hose barbs dont point in the direction that i need them to which is down. Instead when i tighten the adapter where the old filter went, it points up and that doesnt allow me to put on the hoses. Any input is appreciated. This is the part that i purchased http://www.on3performance.com/shop/...il-relocation-kit-5-0-4-6-2v-3v-4v-1987-2010/

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing by looking at it that it screws on rather than bolts down? Could you add a few wraps of teflon tape so that it gets tight when the fittings are pointed in the right direction?

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm guessing by looking at it that it screws on rather than bolts down? Could you add a few wraps of teflon tape so that it gets tight when the fittings are pointed in the right direction?

I would think that you need to screw it on all the way to get the O-ring to seal properly.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I would think that you need to screw it on all the way to get the O-ring to seal properly.

Yep, very tight. I had a leak for a while on my Jegs relo kit until I put some muscle into it and tightened it as much as I could.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Id get one of those kits that lets you clock the in/outputs of the block any direction, and uses a bolt or something to torque it down so the block doesnt spin

Reactions: KRS

KRS

Reaction score
Id get one of those kits that lets you clock the in/outputs of the block any direction, and uses a bolt or something to torque it down so the block doesnt spin

I agree.

Another option would to contact the manufacturer and see if they will send you another adapter and hopefully it clocks properly.

That final option - assuming that the adapter is bottomed out on the block you could take equivalent of 1/2 a thread pitch off the face of the adapter. Basically using a vernier caliper measure from threat root to thread root on the threaded nipple that mounts the adapter. Take half that distance and mill or sand (sand on a surface plate) it off the face of the adapter. That will allow the adapter to clock an additional half turn.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back