On3Performance 3v build

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
I had a couple guys post BS in my thread over AFM on this kit they got shut down fast.
Mine Kit is almost done being installed I had one issue with the turbo I am addressing tonight.

Bullitt357

forum member
Reaction score
What's hilarious is how you guys slam legitimate companies because you think their products are over-priced. I'm sure Whipple, Saleen, Edelbrock and a myriad of other companies could open factories in China but guess what..........they have something called PRIDE. I realize by some of your childish posts that many of you are barely out of diapers and can't be held liable for your ignorance.....so I'll take this moment to thank you for amazing me with your cluelessness.

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the piping is made in the US. I thought it was just the turbo, wastegate and blow off valve were made in china.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the piping is made in the US. I thought it was just the turbo, wastegate and blow off valve were made in china.

Does it really matter? Half the parts in u.s. cars arent even made in the u.s. anyway.

ALLOY GT

forum member
Reaction score
What's hilarious is how you guys slam legitimate companies because you think their products are over-priced. I'm sure Whipple, Saleen, Edelbrock and a myriad of other companies could open factories in China but guess what..........they have something called PRIDE. I realize by some of your childish posts that many of you are barely out of diapers and can't be held liable for your ignorance.....so I'll take this moment to thank you for amazing me with your cluelessness.
how bout your ignorant posts knocking everyones on3 kit? maybe some of these guys dont have the 6-7 k for a hellion etc im sure if they owned a 01 mustang they could afford a hellion kit too but why? there cheaper kits are doing the same as the bigger companys out there i have had just bout every brand of power adder on my s 197 and im happy with the way my diy kit turned out and fits.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Childish posts why don't you go back and look at who started it all. You were being childish by coming into my thread and stirring things up as well as others. I'm sorry I have bills to pay and money doesn't come easy to some so I can't pay for something overpriced yes I think all performance parts are way over priced. If you worked at summit racing you'd know what I mean by a big mark up on all parts. So I'll take this time to thank you for sounding stupid and almost ruining a good thread with your cluelessness on what this thread was about to begin with.

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
Does it really matter? Half the parts in u.s. cars arent even made in the u.s. anyway.

I 'm not knocking the kit in any way. Bullit357 just made it sound like the entire kit was Chinese made and all the money made by On3 was shipped directly to China. He seems like a hypocritical patriot. I am sure the computer he uses to spread his patriotic message was made entirely in the United States.

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
Would we really support and sell this turbo kit to our customer if it was a piece of shit? I haven't had one customer call and say anything but positive stuff. Additionally these are some hard working guys putting the kits out at a affordable rate for the mustang community. Take a hike man.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
All those "damn companies" pay living wages and don't outsource every nut and bolt to China. Something to think about people.

Hey bullit357 GO FUCK YOURSELF and quit trying to stir shit up...

Would we really support and sell this turbo kit to our customer if it was a piece of shit? I haven't had one customer call and say anything but positive stuff. Additionally these are some hard working guys putting the kits out at a affordable rate for the mustang community. Take a hike man.

Agree with AJ and rford426, stay out of the threads you hater.

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Figured I would show you

Hey 08NastyGT Here is what I was talking about I added the pic of the hole that leads in to the compressor housing, I am thinking about using that for my vacuum source for the waste gate but don't have a barbed adapter that small and when I finally left last night to grab the vacuum line the only thing that was open was Autozone.

I also added a pic of the threads that came out and some showing the turbo apart.

I can't re thread because the one I calls for me to drill out a shit load of metal.

The longer and stronger bolts I got go right in so problem solved for about $4.00 in bolts. I thought is was going to be $44 with the price of the thread repair kit but know I get to take that back.

Not jacking your thread posting this on my thread as well just trying to make sure everyone knows what they can do if this happens to them.

Attachments

• IMG00434-20100713-0739.jpg
    IMG00434-20100713-0739.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG00435-20100713-0739.jpg
    IMG00435-20100713-0739.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG00327-20100709-1911.jpg
    IMG00327-20100709-1911.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG00436-20100713-0756.jpg
    IMG00436-20100713-0756.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG00438-20100713-0757.jpg
    IMG00438-20100713-0757.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG00439-20100713-0757.jpg
    IMG00439-20100713-0757.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG00440-20100713-0757.jpg
    IMG00440-20100713-0757.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 39

Bullitt357

forum member
Reaction score

How affordable is a kit that most everyone agrees the standard turbos, wastegates, and bypass valves are mediocre at best and will most likely replace them at some point?

No offense but I would steer clear of any shop selling ebay kits.

Last edited:

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Dig a hole jump in it and stay there, dont worry someone will find you someday.

:beer: Nice.

This guy is a real bitch . I think I went through more BS with this kit than anybody else and you know what I still love the fucking thing fitment was on point products look great, quality was outstanding.

I had some hickups but a $4 fix one at that you step and say whatever that and they are sending me out a new compressor housing like that in case something is wrong with it he personally noted all changes I requested he make and hopefully soon enough with all that I have went through I will be writing the instructions for this kit.

On3Performance = Great quality at an affordable price and great custom service.

Amped Speed Lab = Great service, communication and top notch reliabilty.

Bullit357 = The biggest piece of shit I have every seen on a forum. By the way notion seconded go fuck yourself.

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Mine is finally installed after an all nighter a couple weird mishaps and a decent amount of motivation.

Bullitt357

forum member
Reaction score
:beer: Nice.

This guy is a real bitch . I think I went through more BS with this kit than anybody else and you know what I still love the fucking thing fitment was on point products look great, quality was outstanding.

I had some hickups but a $4 fix one at that you step and say whatever that and they are sending me out a new compressor housing like that in case something is wrong with it he personally noted all changes I requested he make and hopefully soon enough with all that I have went through I will be writing the instructions for this kit.

On3Performance = Great quality at an affordable price and great custom service.

Amped Speed Lab = Great service, communication and top notch reliabilty.

Bullit357 = The biggest piece of shit I have every seen on a forum. By the way notion seconded go fuck yourself.

:thumb2:

Last edited:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
nice! ill have to search around youtube tonight to see if there are any vids of the on3 kit

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back