one heck of a battery

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
On Tues I thought my car turned over maybe a little slower than usual. On Wed, it was slow enough and I heard a clicking noise that I thought I needed a fix. I called AutoZone to see if there battery/alternator tester was working, and they said it was, so I drove there. I checked my logbook b/c I thought I had bought the Motorcraft battery a couple years ago. When I looked, I had bought that battery in 2014, so I went to LaFontaine Ford. Their tester said the battery required replacement, but the alternator was working fine.

I figured a 590cca battery at AZ would be about $150 and last about 5 years. The Motorcraft cost me $181.20, and it lasts another 10 years, I am saving money.

rocknrod

Reaction score
AZ -5 years + 5 years = $300
MC - 10 years = 181.20
If you go with the AZ battery you would "seem" to be loosing $118.80 plus the down time. If I understand what your saying correctly. Assuming the quality is still there with the MC battery. :)

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This past Dec I replaced a AZ "Duralast" in my Flex, it was about 10 years old, it was till viable, but testing suggested it was on the way out, so I had it replaced. I was shocked myself how long it was in use.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back