other v6 guys out here.

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My wife has an 06 v-6 vert. Not a powerhouse, but its dang fun to drive... How much power do you want? I think her vert makes more power than my boys 95 GT...LOL

Reaction score
Oh I don't want much more power, I would however like to talk about traction. I need help with traction considering I have 20 inch tires that don't flex. How do I dial in my adj. panhard and lca's?

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a V6, no power adders though. Dual exhaust, CAI, and a tune are the next things planned.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Well I like what I've done with my car. I've had it 3 years, very reliable, wee bit of go fast parts, and got gt front and rear bumpers, fanblades, and lca's, I can say I'm happy cause I paid for all that shit from working at abercrombie, double dave's pizza and through scholarships. Lol. I planned a 3V swap, bought EVERYTHING I needed then the deal didn't end up going through. After that I said fuck it, I'm going to keep it and buy myself something else when I get a real job. And the pan hard bar should center your axle so it can take a little time and trial and error, and are you lowered? Oh, and what lca's do you have? Not so much brand specific, but whether they're single, dbl, or non-adjustable. Let's help get this figured out for you since you did what I originally wanted to do with mine, minus the meth and nitrous. :thumb:

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if I wasn't alone. Represent! Let's talk about making serious power!

the silver sixer so far is all show, but coming up it will get some go. Planning on a JLT cai and a tuner. Probably not much after that unless my wife decides she wants to do some autocrossing, track days or drag racing.

Between the 2 cars, the GT and the 6, the sixer is defintely smoother and alot more comfortable. It has BMR lowering springs and an adj track bar. A very nice car to drive, sounds good w/the Pypes true duals and GT mufflers and looks awesome.

Reaction score
The lca's are bmr with poly ends, pretty sure it's double adj, since it has nuts on both ends. Same for panhard. I was going to measure from wheel well to tire on each side to center it, didn't know if there was a better way. I am lowered, steeda sports.

KyleJ

forum member
Reaction score
bone stock 05 v6 here. I got 20" rims and a GTA axle back, but those don't count. I'll swap a 5.0 into it once I graduate Clemson, but I don't start Clemson until Aug. 14th. lol

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
The lca's are bmr with poly ends, pretty sure it's double adj, since it has nuts on both ends. Same for panhard. I was going to measure from wheel well to tire on each side to center it, didn't know if there was a better way. I am lowered, steeda sports.

I got my car up on jack stands under the axle, pulled the wheels and measure from the rotor to the frame. Loosen the jam nuts on the panhard bar and you can turn the adjuster by hand until you get the same reading on each side.

If you're lowered more than 1 1/2" you will probably want to adjust your pinion angle with your lcas. Otherwise just set them to stock length and drive it.

JimC

Reaction score
Another V6 here - with the Xcharger Xtreme intercooled supercharger. I don't have dyno numbers with the new set up but the car most recently ran a 13.35.

I also have the Shaftmasters 4" aluminum shaft, the J&M HotPart LCA and UCA, UMI Performance relocation brackets, and Roush rear springs.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Yea, I also need lowering brackets, and how to read the angle.

if you lcas are parallel to the ground, you don't need brackets.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes, spend $10 on an angle finder. Get you car up in the air with weight on the suspension. Put the angle finder on the driveshaft, and then on the flange. The difference in the 2 readings is your pinion angle. With a stock driveshaft it's not all that critical but anywhere from -1 to -3 is OK.

balbright

Reaction score
2010 premium vert. 4.0 V6. Love it just the way it is. I do want to get the driving light kit that mounts in the lower facia corners, the honeycomb black-out panel for the rear and eventually, the Gt stripe kit over the hoof, roof and trunk.
Shaker 500 sound system with the "Sync" sounds pretty good. Not as good as the Bose system in my Hummer, but very good for a convertible.
I'm getting 28.2 with the top down and 23.4 with the top up and a/c on. Hummer @*#* sure don't get that. 12 mpg maximum.

Attachments

• Mustang pics 07 2010 001.jpg
    Mustang pics 07 2010 001.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 9

balbright

Reaction score
Yup!! We noticed, just didn't seem to make the price of gas to go up any, so it seemed unimportant.

Joser281

Reaction score
Yup!! We noticed, just didn't seem to make the price of gas to go up any, so it seemed unimportant.

Uh... Ok, Judging by your smartass remark and your post count I don't think you know how things are here in this forum, huh? I'm not getting into this anymore. Sorry OP I was just stating that this should be moved IMO just so this won't turn into MustangForums.com. Back on topic, Where are the V6's at?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back