Padded Leather Armrest Covers and Shift boots

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
AbdullaGT, how does the cover color match the seats color? I see the pictures but sometimes pictures can distort the true colors.
i can mail you a small sample of the leather, and if you tell me what color thread, ( were you still thinking silver?) i`ll put a sample of that on it too. send me a pm

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The black almost matches, but it's a higher quality leather than the stock Mustang seats. It is actually much closer to the steering wheel leather on the Bullitt and GT500 steering wheels. I am enjoying the padding and rich leather feel. Next step is to get some padded leather wraps for the door armrests to match!

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

(yes, I know my car is dirty and needs a vacuum.)

Last edited:

kgrun4

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks skwerl for the pics. It looks like it should have come from the factory like that!

5.0H

forum member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone talked to you about doing an e-brake cover? I bought leather to make that and the shifter boot but I'm definitely going to buy the shift boot from you instead...it'd be awesome if you did the e-brake too! Just an idea :thumb: and by the way I'm loving the armrest idea too! I will be ordering both tonight! So glad someone has stepped up to make a great product that adds so much to the interior of our stangs.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Hmm.. I just bought an e-brake cover for my car from Redline Goods. I'm curious as to how well your leather would match theirs.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
chiron, our material wont match, its not even close. from what ive seen, they use a real bumpy leather, and our is on the smooth side. you can see closeups of our leather on the website. i did just order a hide with a rougher texture, should be in later this week, but it wont match either. pm me if you want to see a sample.

brian, looks good. i can see you really worked at getting the frt seam to wrap the frt. we kinda made it to leave a welt look across the frt, but that looks good too. i also like how the bullitt seats have a extra panel on the frts, nice stuff

keith, looks good. the red stitch really looks sharp on the black.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
The only reason why it doesn't look right on mine is because the leather on my seats is kind of worn down, unlike the armrest which is still new lol.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
we will work up a pattern when we get some time. we have had quite a few requests.

The only reason why it doesn't look right on mine is because the leather on my seats is kind of worn down, unlike the armrest which is still new lol.
you just need to really use that thing, and put some dressing on it to break down the leather a little. but really, its hard to capture the interiors in these cars in pics. even the black stitching seem to come out white, and the black comes out gray.

5.0H

forum member
Reaction score
shift boot and armrest cover look great! Can't wait to install them. Thanks you two!

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Mike! Your username looks good in orange. :thumb:
i have to admit, it does look good :clap: thank you very much brian for everything. if i can sell 7,837 covers, i could get me a bullitt like yours :naughty1: kimmer was great working with me, so i`m looking forward to keeping my covers for sale on the forums.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hey you guys who have bought from Mike already- Hit him up with some ITrader ratings and give him some rep. :beerdrink:

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
shift boot and armrest cover look great! Can't wait to install them. Thanks you two!
thanks kav05, take your time installing cause thats the key to it looking good. we make the covers to fit real good, but really its all in the install. marcy can fit them perfect, but shes been installing upholstery for 20 yrs. its like installing seat covers only smaller scale.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Got mine today! Installed in about 15 minutes. Amazing fit and work. Never realized how bland my center console was before I got this. Mines a stick so my arm is always laying on the console. Actually have a comfy place for my elbow now! Pics soon!

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
just wanted to say put some good leather dressing on that stuff. it darkens it up just a little and leaves a nice sheen. makes it feel just a little softer too. i use the maguires pro leather stuff, and it works pretty good. i know theres better leather products out there. makes the seats a little slippery right after conditioning them for a couple days, but it cleans and dries back up. heres a couple scaps with dressing on one pc

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back