Paxton Novi 2200 pulley removal - help me.....

Ready2Rockyou

Reaction score
Does this pulley need to be pulled off against the shaft itself? I was trying to get away with doing it on the car however it looks like I'll have to unbolt this SOB once again if it needs to be pulled with a tool. I have a 2006 set up and Paxton's coolant tube is in close proximity with it bolted in. Anyone else know of a way to sneak it off? I was thinking of making a tool whereas a bolt would be threaded through it while grabbing the back of the pulley but unless there's a better way-

WideBody06

Reaction score
unnamed-2.jpg unnamed.jpg I have a 2200 also (intercooled and an oil line tapped into the oilpan). I helped a friend swap out his pulley. The nut/bolt has a small weld on it that you will need to cut or grind off (keeps it from working loose so be sure to redo the spot weld). Once you loosen the nut make sure you either hold your hand under the pulley or have something to catch the guide pins. We didn't know it had them and thankfully he had taken it off the car or they would have probably dropped in some ungodly location in the engine. His pulley pulled right off the shaft. Not sure if your set up is like mine (see pics) but it looks like it should be able to slide right off while still bolted to the engine. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Mine looks like this and will be swapping pulley soon did you loosen the bolt before or after removing belt ?

Ready2Rockyou

Reaction score
I got that bolt out but I just don't want to pry it off and damage the shaft/bearing. I think I'll just take the unit off. Appreciate the responses but was hoping of a faster fix.

WideBody06

Reaction score
Mine looks like this and will be swapping pulley soon did you loosen the bolt before or after removing belt ?

We had already taken the unit off ... so belt off. But I imagine that if the weld (can be seen on top picture) was easy to get to it would be easier with the belt on and the unit still mounted. If replacing or swapping the pulley out (supercharger still mounted) I would be careful of the guide pins dropping in the engine. His pulley came out relatively easy with minimum effort.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back