possibly moving to Arkansas

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys an opportunity has come up that may mean relocating to Northwest Arkansas. Fayetteville, Rogers, Bentonville area.

I'm just curious what the car culture is like down around there? Do you have any autocross around that area? Do you have emissions testing? I know I can use google but wanted to get some other opinions from here too. Thanks!

BlindGUYnAR

forum member
Reaction score
No emissions testing or inspections at all, lots of shows, lots of meet ups. i'm sure open headers would get you a ticket, but most anything else is fine. Lots of towns around here have cruise nights that allow open headers during certain hrs.

Drag strip pretty close (MOKAN raceway) with $10 TnT nights. NWA is in the Ozark and Boston mountain ranges so lots of twisty roads which means a fun drive anytime you want it.

If you are specifically into AutoX then in early June there is a mustang specific event close to the area called the mustang mother road rally and they have an auto cross day so that might be a good chance to find out what's avail in the area if you're here in time for it.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks BlindGUYnAR, I appreciate the feedback. I was out there for 2 days last week and I like the area from what I could tell. I should know in the next week if I'm moving or not.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
No emissions testing or inspections at all, lots of shows, lots of meet ups. i'm sure open headers would get you a ticket, but most anything else is fine. Lots of towns around here have cruise nights that allow open headers during certain hrs.

Drag strip pretty close (MOKAN raceway) with $10 TnT nights. NWA is in the Ozark and Boston mountain ranges so lots of twisty roads which means a fun drive anytime you want it.

If you are specifically into AutoX then in early June there is a mustang specific event close to the area called the mustang mother road rally and they have an auto cross day so that might be a good chance to find out what's avail in the area if you're here in time for it.

Hell, that description makes me want to move there. Lol

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
It is pretty nice living in Arkansas. I am in Central Arkansas and love it

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I'm in Springdale. We have a HUGE Facebook group called the LBRA (Local Bench Racing Association). I hit the dragstrip (previously mentioned Mokan) at least 5 or 6 times a year.

There is the Ozark Mountain Region SCCA chapter that holds monthly (I think) solo events on a big concrete pad about a 40 minute drive away. Northwest Arkansas is fantastic. All the big city amenities without all the big city crap.

Hit me up if you come down!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back