Power Steering Pressure Line Teflon Seal

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Teflon seals on the pressure side hose of the PS? I removed my engine from the K Member, leaving the rack, and did my disconnect on the pressure side nearest the rack (kept all lines up at the pump).
There’s a one time use Teflon seal I need to replace. According to the Ford parts list, there’s 2, a 6mm and 7.5mm. I assume I need the larger according to the diagram, as the smaller goes up into the pump on the other end of the hose.

my questions: does a $2 HELP! Dorman from the ‘Zone work or must I spend $27 for a seal from Ford?

second. Can it be installed by just warming it up and working it on? Don’t wanna get yet another specialty tool.
Thanks!

Sammy70

Reaction score
If it's not shredded, and you didn't already remove it from the fitting you can reuse it - I've done it lots of times without issue. If you do get a new one (aftermarket should be fine) submerge it in very hot water for a couple minutes, then slowly stretch it by sliding it down a tapered punch. Once stretched quickly install it onto the fitting and allow it to cool/shrink back to original size before reassembly.

Joe combs

Reaction score
there are 2 sizes i remember from my time at ford 388898S & 388897S. I dont remember which one it was i used on my p/s hose when i did it, but looking at the price of those seals on Tasca Parts website they both list for $1.67 each....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back