Problems with Shaker 500 stereo

HushH

forum member
Reaction score
Hope some of you guys may be able to help with a stereo issue I'm having. I'll preface by saying that I know very little about these Shaker systems in general.

I've got the Shaker 500 Stereo with Nav in my 2010 GT Premium. Last week the Media button stopped working and I was no longer able to connect via Bluetooth. When I pressed the Media button nothing would happen. I thought it might be a Sync issue, but this morning the whole system started going off and on randomly. It did this on the entire commute in. No other electrical issues that I noticed.

I'm not even sure where to begin looking, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Have you done anything behind the dash? Might want to check the cables that go to the HU.

Unplug, and plug them back in. This will probably reset the radio and you will lose your stations. Maybe it just did a few hiccups.

If it persists, you might want to bring it to the dealer.

HushH

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't done anything behind the dash, but the connections will be the first thing I check. It's just strange that when it turns off it immediately comes right back on - doesn't stay off at all. It's almost like it's restarting, but it keeps all my stations and settings. Just curious if anyone had seen this before. I did find a link to the service manual online, so hopefully that will help.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back