Problems :(

SbKev4.0

Reaction score
So lately when taking off my car does a funky noise at about 1,000 Rpms... It sounds like something is being dragged like metal but its not.... I've looked underneath it and nothing :(

Someone help.... It's faint!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
We're going to need more info, or you're going to have to get the car up in the air and do some investigating.

SbKev4.0

Reaction score
What more info do u need :(
It's driving me nuts the only time I've ever heard this was about a month or two ago when my thermostat housing went bad I replaced and replaced the belt as well.

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the transmission separator plate was a problem on the v6 as it was on the gt? Mine made a grinding sound and I had to do a little modification to the separator plate.

CommanderCool

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the transmission separator plate was a problem on the v6 as it was on the gt? Mine made a grinding sound and I had to do a little modification to the separator plate.

Any more info on this? Sounds like the noise my car is making.

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
I looked at the tsb and it says 4.6l manual trans, so I'd guess your problem is elsewhere.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
not enough info for us to help. Grinding noise at 1k rpms when taking off from a stop

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
might be a wheel bearing. ive had the frt hub bearings go bad, and now i think i`m loosing a rear axle bearing. jack up the frt and grab the tire top and bottom and check for any play.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back