Program Keyless Remote

EvlMnky

forum member
Reaction score
I thought i had my remote on the main ring, but apparently it was not and the cheap ring came apart somewhere and i lost the remote. I cant seem to find it even though i didnt go many places where i could have lost it. Anyways, i saw some new ones on ebay for decently cheap and was thinking about buying one or two. I heard they are pretty easy to progam, but just to make sure is it? Its for a 2007 GT...anyone know how?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I don't know, but the directions are in your owners manual.

partsbill

forum member
Reaction score
CAUTION: All remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.
  1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode, via the RKE transmitter or the door lock control switch while the driver door is open.
  1. Turn the key from the OFF to the RUN position 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in the RUN position. If the module has successfully entered program mode, it locks and then unlocks all the doors.
  1. Within 20 seconds, press any button on an RKE transmitter, and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that the RKE transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.
  1. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification. Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.
  1. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
    • Turning the key to the OFF position.
    • 20 seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
    • The maximum number of RKE transmitters have been programmed.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CAUTION: All remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.
  1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode, via the RKE transmitter or the door lock control switch while the driver door is open.
  1. Turn the key from the OFF to the RUN position 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in the RUN position. If the module has successfully entered program mode, it locks and then unlocks all the doors.
  1. Within 20 seconds, press any button on an RKE transmitter, and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that the RKE transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.
  1. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification. Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.
  1. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
    • Turning the key to the OFF position.
    • 20 seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
    • The maximum number of RKE transmitters have been programmed.

Welcome to S197Forum, partsbill!! :beer:

+1 welcome to the site!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back