pypes style 05-10 long tube headers auction on ebay cheap!

Joe88xj

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just found a set of long tube headers on ebay for cheap, auction basicly states seller is cleaning out a warehouse with expired lease, they have lots of exhaust componets for sale and several sets for 05-10 4.6's they are 104.00 shipped!! seller has perfect feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122730083077

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score

Those are the same ones I bought for the same price as no one else even bid on them lol. Probably the same seller too. I havent installed them yet but they seem to be of good quality so far but the primaries I think arent as big as other brands. Ill have to measure again. Still for 80 bucks I think it was money well spent.

46addict

Reaction score
I think the issue is they are listed as 1.67" primaries (1 2/3" lol) but in reality they are 1 5/8". There are no other sizes unless it's 1 3/4" (or 1 7/8"?) for these cars.

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I think theyre closer to 1.5 but Ill have to remeasure mine.

Edit: I just remeasured and theyre just under 1 5/8" using an old fashioned caliper gauge.

Last edited:

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I have a pypes x pipe waiting to go in with the headers. I hate the three piece design though. I have their x pipe on my 02 gt and hate it. It leaks like a mofo and its so hard to get positioned correctly where everything lines up and doesnt leak.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
Those headers are cheap for a reason. Been there, done that. Tubes will glow about 6" down under light boost. I wouldn't give 10 bucks for that junk. Took that shit off and threw it in the scrap pile and bought kooks. Just remember this if you go down that road,,, you get what you pay for!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
... all headers glow red when you're hammering on it... the entire freaking things

If you shut the lights out my old beautiful mac equal lengths would be glowing at idle, revving.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
... all headers glow red when you're hammering on it... the entire freaking things

If you shut the lights out my old beautiful mac equal lengths would be glowing at idle, revving.

Which is why folks buy ceramic coated SS LT's.... about 500 deg cooler, no red glow, less eng bay heat.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Results may vary but Kooks headers can certainly glow, they are not made of any magic quality alloy that makes it not possible. On my N/A fox 393w combo, I was going to pull a plug after a run down the strip and when I popped the hood, my Kooks headers were neon orange and there was no way I was going to risk a burn to pull a plug.

The fitment of Kooks headers on a fox body straight out sucked in the mid 2000's so all companies have had their growing pains. For the money I paid for them at the time, they were my biggest regret of any of the parts I had on that car. There was a handful of us that bought headers for 351w swaps during the same sale/group buy from Kooks and all of us had fitment issues. Their customer service was completely arrogant and turned me off of their product forever but I imagine they have learned a thing or 2 since then.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
People lie all the time, around here it's usually heaton m90, this is unusual.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
Kooks have stepped up their game on the s197 platform. They make the only equal length longtube for the 3v and this balances cylinder temps as a result. I tested this with a temp gun on the primaries and they were spot on +/- 25. fitment was great so I had no need to deal with their CS. The eBay headers were also lighter than the kooks so I guessed that was due to thinner gauge primaries. Also, I haven't seen a set of those cheap ones yet that would clear the steering shaft without a: shimming the driver side mount or b: dinging the primary tube.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back