4 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

3 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

2 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

1 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

5 by DannyDoo, on Flickr

What do you guys think?
15X3.75 w 165/80/15
15X8 w 275/60/15

My question is these lug nuts on rear are constantly getting lose.
I already retighten them twice. Friday and today.
I'm not sure if this is the nature of shank lug + washer or my torque wranch getting out of spec.
I dont want to break the studs or in the worst case, wheels falling off while driving. Any ideas?

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Looks great man! Are those Nitto 555Rs? I couldn't find them in 275/60/15, that is why I went with 275/50/15.

As far as your lugnuts go, I think it may be your tq wrench. I have had mine on for several weeks now(torqued down to 95 ft lbs I believe) and they have not loosened up one bit.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Yes they are nitto 555R
Best tires for daily drive!

I agree, that's why I went with them as well. I can't believe how good they are in the rain! Where did you get yours from? Like I said, I couldn't find the 275/60s only the 275/50s.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, that's why I went with them as well. I can't believe how good they are in the rain! Where did you get yours from? Like I said, I couldn't find the 275/60s only the 275/50s.

I ordered them from Discount tires.
They price matched Discount direct online price so I paid like $138 each + tax
I also looked @ 275/50 but it was more expensive(slightly) and doesn't look right on stock springs.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
They look good! Man it really pains me to see that front license plate on the car. I hate when states make you put them there.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
I ordered them from Discount tires.
They price matched Discount direct online price so I paid like $138 each + tax
I also looked @ 275/50 but it was more expensive(slightly) and doesn't look right on stock springs.
That's not a bad price at all! I will probably replace mine with that size when they wear out. Yeah, if mine wasn't lowered it would look ridiculous with the 275/50s, lol.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
They look good! Man it really pains me to see that front license plate on the car. I hate when states make you put them there.

I know man.. it is so strict about it here too.
That's why I am getting a blacked out vanity plate. Hopefully it'll look better that this stock plate. Its too colorful

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
They should be torqued to approx. 100-105 ft. lbs. tq.
Hand tighten them all the way down first and then hit it up with the torque wrench.

Car looks amazing!

Entrenched

forum member
Reaction score
Best thing I did was buy a set of McGard Lug nuts. I had the same problems with my summit lug nuts and since I replaced them I've had no more problems.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Your car looks great.

About your lugs, make sure the washers are seating in the wheels properly. Since these wheels use the washer to locate they need to be in there just right. I had a similar issue with mine until I realized what was going on.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Your car looks great.

About your lugs, make sure the washers are seating in the wheels properly. Since these wheels use the washer to locate they need to be in there just right. I had a similar issue with mine until I realized what was going on.

After re-torqueing them couple more times, they dont seem to go lose anymore.
Just checked the washers and they are seated right.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back