Rebuild advice

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
AE4B8031-AB76-4107-A9CD-87320F3863A8.jpeg F52296E2-A84A-47BE-924A-E1F78FAFC274.jpeg 0FB4DFBD-7177-46C3-8F9A-BA8429C495FC.jpeg BF3D6323-B8A3-40CC-B51F-890B5ED336E4.jpeg 4AFA6499-06D8-4122-BF63-203A01DBD270.jpeg I was not really sure how to title this but here goes. 2 years ago I installed a brenspeed b326 stage 3 stroker motor with a new t-56 magnum xl transmission a Paxton 2200sl with 3.12 pulley and 10% overdrive pulley. I had it tuned and was putting down 642 rwhp.

2 weeks after getting my car back I brought it in for an inspection sticker and the shop took my car for a joyride and blew my motor.

Now after a 2 year legal battle I am at the point of rebuilding the motor again and would like to ask a few extra questions.

I would like to get to the 750- 800rwhp mark and this is a 90% street driven car.

1. I have twin gt500 fuel pumps with dual kenne bell boost a pumps, upgraded wiring and 78lb deitchwerks injectors. And a methanol injection kit. Would this be enough fuel?

2. The Paxton 2200sl currently has a 3.12 pulley. If I go smaller do I have to upgrade to 8 rib pulleys and if so which ones. I would also want to make sure I was not overspinning the blower.

3. The suspension is completely upgraded but what can the rear end axels and diff saftley handle as I have not upgraded it at all.

cfr865

Reaction score
I also have the B326 with basically same set up as you. 650 rwhp . I currently have Ford racing 60lbs. injectors.
You are the first blown b326 that I have heard of.
Do you know what caused it to blow, what did Brenspeed have to say.

sman247

forum member
Reaction score
With that much power I would put some Moser axles and an Eaton diff in the rear just to be safe. I'm not familiar with the prochargers as I have a Whipple but I would imagine that 8 rib pulleys would be the best option. I would contact JeremyH about the fuel, he is the expert. I believe there is a thread at the top of the page. You in mass? I'm from everett. http://www.s197forum.com/threads/fuel-injector-tech-thread.80901/

Last edited:

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Close to mass I am from Rhode Island. Haven’t had my car up in 2 years now and can’t wait.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Do you mind telling us about the legal battle? As shop owner I'm always interested in these things, seems like it would be cut and dry if your car blew up on a "test drive". 2 years is crazy.

At the 800 horsepower mark you want to go to a return style fuel system. I'm sure there are plenty of pump options at that point.

I don't think the blower you have will support the horsepower you are after. I'm more of a Procharger man myself, the D1SC would support your power level goals. The D1SC would also make the power without meth injection, I would prefer not to need the band-aid that is meth injection and have access to safe horsepower all the time instead of just when the meth tank is full.

Snakethat

forum member
Reaction score
I have always wondered how that type of shit gets handled. As far as a shop doing work on your car then taking it for a spin and something catastrophic happens. Id imagine they are insured for it but a 2 year battle seems a bit lengthy. Not accepting responsibility for their part in it. A rear end assembly should be in the near future. You might think about a driveshaft as well. Nice build

cfr865

Reaction score
View attachment 67332 View attachment 67333 View attachment 67334 View attachment 67335 View attachment 67336 I was not really sure how to title this but here goes. 2 years ago I installed a brenspeed b326 stage 3 stroker motor with a new t-56 magnum xl transmission a Paxton 2200sl with 3.12 pulley and 10% overdrive pulley. I had it tuned and was putting down 642 rwhp.

2 weeks after getting my car back I brought it in for an inspection sticker and the shop took my car for a joyride and blew my motor.

Now after a 2 year legal battle I am at the point of rebuilding the motor again and would like to ask a few extra questions.

I would like to get to the 750- 800rwhp mark and this is a 90% street driven car.

1. I have twin gt500 fuel pumps with dual kenne bell boost a pumps, upgraded wiring and 78lb deitchwerks injectors. And a methanol injection kit. Would this be enough fuel?

2. The Paxton 2200sl currently has a 3.12 pulley. If I go smaller do I have to upgrade to 8 rib pulleys and if so which ones. I would also want to make sure I was not overspinning the blower.

3. The suspension is completely upgraded but what can the rear end axels and diff saftley handle as I have not upgraded it at all.

What did they do lean it out way to much to pass inspection then blow it up ?

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
So just to be safe until the case finished (which I am close to). I won’t mention names. However the long story short is I brought my mustang in for an updated inspection sticker. I had a separate tune done specifically for that and at the same time also had my cooks cats put back on to be street legal. The Tune was made for this. The shop tried inspecting my car without the cats saying they could get it passed inspection... wrong it failed because the cats reported as not ready. So they put the cats on and tried cranking the car. They called me up after having my car for 24hrs at this point saying my car wouldn’t start. I went down their and they showed me it cranking but not starting and the car smelled very strong of gas. I checked the fuses and found they blew the o2 sensor fuses when they didn’t disconnect the battery. I asked them to pull the plugs and found that the cylinders were full of fuel. I told them before they tried to restart it to change out the plugs and drain all the fuel from the cylinders and do a complete oil change. The next day I get a call saying they did what I said but now the car was making s terrible noise so again I go down there. The owner of the shop says let me show you the sound it’s making. He starts the car and all you can here is metal grinding on metal and a slapping noise. I told him to shut the car off and asked why he would even start it if he knew it sounded like that. Skip to my tuner and engine shop breaking down the motor to diagnose and what did they find: scorched pistons, scared cylinder walls and wait for it..... a machine screw inside of one of the cylinders that melted into the head, cylinder wall and cylinder. They never changed the oil filter and only drained out the oil pan on top of hydro locking the motor by running the car with cylinders full of fuel.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
I have always wondered how that type of shit gets handled. As far as a shop doing work on your car then taking it for a spin and something catastrophic happens. Id imagine they are insured for it but a 2 year battle seems a bit lengthy. Not accepting responsibility for their part in it. A rear end assembly should be in the near future. You might think about a driveshaft as well. Nice build

They were insured but they were insisting to thier insurance company that they weren’t at fault hence the legal battle. I will get my mustang back in the long run but my state does not allow suing for attorney fees so I have to eat that. I have a one piece drive shaft that was upgraded with my transmission so that should be good.

Out of curiosity, what rear gears are you gonna run?

Do you mind telling us about the legal battle? As shop owner I'm always interested in these things, seems like it would be cut and dry if your car blew up on a "test drive". 2 years is crazy.

At the 800 horsepower mark you want to go to a return style fuel system. I'm sure there are plenty of pump options at that point.

I don't think the blower you have will support the horsepower you are after. I'm more of a Procharger man myself, the D1SC would support your power level goals. The D1SC would also make the power without meth injection, I would prefer not to need the band-aid that is meth injection and have access to safe horsepower all the time instead of just when the meth tank is full.

If my calculations are correct which admittedly I may be wrong the Paxton 2200 is good for 22lbs of boost with a 2.85 pulley and my 10% overdrive crank this while keeping it within its efficiency zone and not overspinning it. Currently with my full exhaust cams and Ported and polished Cnc heads I am hitting 14psi. The D1sc was a consideration when I was first shopping around but I don’t remember why I didn’t go with it. I should also mention I have a blow through setup with a tail q bov. The methanol I added as more of a horsepower added as opposed to the band aid effect.

I would have loved to go with the department of boost r spec kit but that wasn’t out at the time and 12k would have been a bit much at the time considering how much I dumped into motor, transmission and suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slick4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that is seriously fucked up of that shop man, hope you get every penny you deserve out of it. I would be livid if I was in your situation.

sman247

forum member
Reaction score
That all sucks man, best luck with the build, im within an hour of you so if you need any help feel free to ask

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That should be enough injector and with the BAP on top of the GT500 pumps, you should be fine. 60's and GT500 pumps without the BAP go over 700 rwhp on GT500's regularly.

The 2200 is plenty of blower for that power level as well.

As for the differential carrier, it is usually a dead hook that kills it. I am yet to see someone break one of the 31 spline stock axles without something else breaking first. I went with a locker and it is definitely not for everyone-it functions great at the dragstrip but does not do parking lots well and is noisy.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
That should be enough injector and with the BAP on top of the GT500 pumps, you should be fine. 60's and GT500 pumps without the BAP go over 700 rwhp on GT500's regularly.

The 2200 is plenty of blower for that power level as well.

As for the differential carrier, it is usually a dead hook that kills it. I am yet to see someone break one of the 31 spline stock axles without something else breaking first. I went with a locker and it is definitely not for everyone-it functions great at the dragstrip but does not do parking lots well and is noisy.

What hp/Tq level is too much for the stock rear end. I literally have nothing factory left except the rear diff and axels. Everything from rear suspension to driveshaft forward is upgraded.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Eaton tru trac wouldn’t be a bad upgrade.
That unit seems to have good reviews when paired with moser axels. If i remember correctly at some point if I go to the track they require c clip eliminators though. Am I correct?

Slick4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I believe faster than a 10.99? You need to run them, which at your level you should be well into.

travelers

Reaction score
I did the Eaton True Track with the new 3.73s and I went with the Strange C-clip eliminators with the longer studs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back