recaro seats

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get cloth low mileage 2013 recaro seats. Being 2013 air bags are a direct plug in. There about 1500 bucks. Are they worth it? Asking as if I want them I have to let the guy know in the next day. I have base cloth seats.

Am just on the fence with it. If I had to reorder my car I would check them off. But not having them, not really adding harnesses to them and looking at it as maybe an impulse buy and nothing worse then wasting money. That why I need advice if there really worth it.

Thanks!

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I would say no, but I'm a cheap ****. For $1500 you could do some really nice custom stuff to your existing seats. But if you want Recaro's just to have Recaro's, that's up to you. I've sat in them, they aren't the most comfortable things ever. I personally think the WRX seats are some of the nicest sports seats. I may be bias on that last one. If I still had my '08 and $1500 to blow on seats, I'd do some katskin leathers with custom padding. They make gel/memory foam to replace factory foam, very comfy. If you gotta have cloth, I'd have custom cloth seats made, choice of stitching, and go gel/memory foam inserts.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Love my Recaros.
My car is a base GT with only the cloth Recaros and the Track Pack options.
I'd say the Recaros are one of my favorite things about the car.
Very comfortable, short or long drives, and they really help to keep you in place during "spirited driving"

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
BUY them asap.
if you find them uncomfortable you can easily sell them for a fair profit

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$1500 is about the average I've seen factory Recaros going for. Want some myself but not willing to spend that kind of money.

mrgtx

forum member
Reaction score
$1500 is about the average I've seen factory Recaros going for. Want some myself but not willing to spend that kind of money.

I agree. I have been keeping an eye out for a set and this is about the going rate for cloth OEM Recaros...just a bit high for me too but they're not going to get any more common and fitting a S197 with S550 '15+ Recaros requires a fair bit of work, IIRC.

If you can afford it and the seats aren't stained with barf or whatever...go for it.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Are the Racaro's heated, or can they be heated ? I'm assuming they come with side air bags ? No heated seats would be a deal breaker for myself. But the oem leather seats don't offer a lot of side bolstering.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The Recaros are not heated. I imagine that you could take them to a good local upholstery shop and they could install seat heaters. My local shop quoted me about $200 per seat to do that on my stock seats.

I actually think the stock non-Recaros seats are pretty comfy, and offer fairly decent lateral support in 95% of driving situations. They just don't look as cool as Recaros. :cool:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
No, the Recaros aren't heated, and they're not power-adjustable either.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help! It appears there is more saying yes then no!

I always loved how they look. I do wish when I ordered my car I checked off the Recaro seats. Had my Dad talk me into getting stock seats as they are power, the only thing I listened to him on building the car.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I paid big bucks for the 15+ Ford Performance Recaro seats for my 08 and they are far superior to the OEM power and heated seats. I am a big guy and they have excellent support for my back.

fR3zz0V.jpg

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Those seats look awesome in there! Now you making me wonder to look for leather ones lol. They really look nice in there

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
There's a pair of leathers on SVTP for sale in the 13/14 parts section for 2500. I tried a pair of the cloth seats a local guy had who was looking to trade for my leather seats and a small cash difference. One thing I did not like about them was getting in and out of the seat. Otherwise they were okay comfort wise. Looks well you couldn't beat them. The cloth models have a tendency to pill along the edge where rubbing is common during entry and exit from the car. The pair I was looking at had about 11000 miles on them and there was wear on the driver's side (pilling). The owner was a smaller guy so size had nothing to do with that. Last they offer no weight reduction against the leather powered seat option. Because of this last factor I chose not to make the trade.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
The cloth models have a tendency to pill along the edge where rubbing is common during entry and exit from the car. The pair I was looking at had about 11000 miles on them and there was wear on the driver's side (pilling).

The ones am looking at has that I just noticed this morning going back over the pictures. Driver side exit/ entry has the cloth looking like it's not tight.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
No, the Recaros aren't heated, and they're not power-adjustable either.

No power seats! WTF? I like being able to run the seat up /down, change the tilt angle, run it forward /backward...and tweak the lumbar support bladder. I'd be just pissed with out the heated seats... + the heater on my lower back. Heck, you can keep pizza warm with the pass seat bum warmer. I enjoy my 6 disc CD player on my 2010, the 11+ went to a single disc player.

Un heated leather seats in cold temps is no fun. But the side bolstering on my leather seats leaves a lot to be desired, it coulda been done a bit better. How do you folks with manual trannys shift gears..when you have two extra large coffee's sitting in the cup holders ?

Last edited:

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
No power seats! WTF? I like being able to run the seat up /down, change the tilt angle, run it forward /backward...and tweak the lumbar support bladder. I'd be just pissed with out the heated seats... + the heater on my lower back. Heck, you can keep pizza warm with the pass seat bum warmer. I enjoy my 6 disc CD player on my 2010, the 11+ went to a single disc player.

Un heated leather seats in cold temps is no fun. But the side bolstering on my leather seats leaves a lot to be desired, it coulda been done a bit better. How do you folks with manual trannys shift gears..when you have two extra large coffee's sitting in the cup holders ?

First world problems lol.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

When I was doing my research on the Recaros with regard to weight I came across a thread on a site (maybe here for that matter) where a guy decided he would build up a pair of fully powered, and heated leather Recaros for his Mustang. It cost him out the butt, but he did so because he did a ton of driving as I recall and loved the support the Recaros had over the standard leather seats. I forget how much he spent in doing it but it was crazy expensive as he had to purchase powered slider and heated pads, etc. He broke down the weights of each of the components as well as I recall (or maybe that was a different thread).

mrgtx

forum member
Reaction score
First world problems gave us pens that can write in zero G! The Soviets had to use pencils!

Well done. This is the first positive spin that I've ever heard on that anecdote!

Unfortunately, the crude, simple, cheap approach means that in 2017, your civilization still has a manned spaceflight program where the zero G pen civilization pays you for rides. :whymewhyme:

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did not way them but just from lifting them in and out of the car, the Leather 15+ manual Recaro seats are a pile lighter than my power and heated 08 leather seats.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back