reinstalling stock lca

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Gave the BMR double rod end adjustables a try. Had to learn the hard way. Beyond the jam nuts getting loose on me once which was an annoyance the noise is just unreal. Every little sharp bump in the road is a nice thunk in the car. The dash is going to rattle apart some day at this rate.

I suspect that the stock arms may not quite line up properly when I got to put them back in. As in the length may not be exact.

Does anyone have some tips on how to pull the axle back into alignment if I end up having to do that? Only thing I thought of would be to use a screwdriver and pry in the hole or maybe put the adjustable arm back in place and use it to pull the axle in or out.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
ratchet straps
the use of a small trolley jack to rotate the pinion up/down or move the whole thing up or down

I put a non-adjustable arm in my car after battling with the thunks and rattles as well, but it didn't solve my issues. I hope it solves yours though.

edit: IIRC, I found it easier to attach the mount the the arm and line up the mount to the chassis, instead of trying to line the arm up to the mount.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get a ratchet strap and wrap it around the axle, then attach it to a solid place forward of the control arm front bracket. Tighten it until things are ligned up.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
OK I'll get some ratchet straps.

Since the axle has to be able to move I am assuming that I need to keep the rear end supported by the differential only via floor jack.

Is that also true if the front end is on the ground?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes and I would attach and tighten the strap before you remove the front LCA bolts, you will have less axle movement that way.

SLIKSKILZ

Reaction score
I've done mine several times now and I always just push it by hand until I can push the bolt thru the hole. Not that hard. Just make sure you have stands under the sides of car and differential is hanging without supports.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Lucked out and ended up having no issues. Everything lined up fine. Apparently when the bmr lowers went on I had them adjusted to stock perfectly and they held even after the jam nuts started to back off.

Looks like a barely used set of TCA020 will be up for sale soon. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back