Removing bird sh*t - College Student

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
detailing isnt complicated at all. Just do some research. Doing it the right way once or twice a year, maybe more depending on driving conditions. Get the right materials to do the job the right way. Too not get too into it an complicate it too much, even the beginner can make their car look really good, and keep it looking really good.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
detailing isnt complicated at all. Just do some research. Doing it the right way once or twice a year, maybe more depending on driving conditions. Get the right materials to do the job the right way. Too not get too into it an complicate it too much, even the beginner can make their car look really good, and keep it looking really good.
I guess it's as complicated as you want it to be, depending on the results you want to achieve and what you can live with. It can be no big deal but then as soon as you start "looking into" things on the web, it snowballs. And before you know it, your simple procedure evolves into 100 more steps and 15 more products, of which are often more expensive. That is if you want to do it right. When you are gone working 11 hours a day and have a home to maintain it really can become excessive. That's why I am looking into getting a detailer to do an Opti-Coat service on my car, so basically all I have to do is keep washing it for the next however many years it lasts (?).

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I work 12 hour days, have a home to maintain and have a 4 year old daughter. But I find time to do it. It shouldnt take more than 4-5 hours unless you have some paint correction to do and/or depending how bad the paint is currently.

1.) Wash the car completely with a good shampoo, dry it off.
2.) Clay bar the whole car, re-wash, dry it off.
3.) Get a compounding pad, a DA and some compound of your choice.Compound the needed areas, if it doesnt need it, dont do it.(again, the stuff you use depends on how bad your paint is) See Seer's write up, its a good one)
4.) Hand polish the whole car. I like to do it by hand with some Meguiars polishing compound
5.) Get out the DA again, and use a finishing pad with a wax of your choice. If you drive the car alot, especially in the elements, you will want to throw 2-3 coats on, but that is debatable.

Check this thread out, its old, but it works. Obviously, what I just told you is no pro-detail by any stretch.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33423&highlight=detail

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back