RIP online Ford Service Manual

G.T

Reaction score
I sent him a quick ping on whatsapp... delivered, not read.. let's see :)

can anyone confirm the site is now working perfectly fine on iihs.net ?

GriffX

Reaction score
The fsm side is awesome! Thank you so much!
Is a similar side for the S550 somewhere?

G.T

Reaction score
I need to sort through my files... find some time, and start uploading 2015+ stuff

G.T

Reaction score
Hey bud..

yeah man.. apart from my wife and cats, everything else is gone..
it's shit, but that's life, and yeah.. no more UAE or anything to do with it.

i drive a 4 banger ~90hp car now and have a desk job after 10 years of being self employed :)
i'd tell you more, but don't feel like airing all my laundry in public! :p

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that Louie

G.T

Reaction score
it is what it is.. lesson learned, i just wish i didn't waste 17 years of my life in there..
or rather, i wish i packed up and left at the first sign of shit being cooked up.. i'd have parted ways, and had my stuff, cars, belongings, etc

anyway... not much i can do now
some guy now took over the shop where L&R Performance used to be.. complete with stock, lifts, tool boxes, dyno, diagnostic tools worth tens of thousands of dollars..
heck, even customer parts sitting there.. all for rent money plus ~10k USD to take the whole lot.

i have nothing against the new owners.. they saw a great deal and jumped on it.
but yeah, the shop i built literally with blood sweat and tears now has someone elses name on it.. while i'm a fugitive :D

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
it is what it is.. lesson learned, i just wish i didn't waste 17 years of my life in there..
or rather, i wish i packed up and left at the first sign of shit being cooked up.. i'd have parted ways, and had my stuff, cars, belongings, etc

anyway... not much i can do now
some guy now took over the shop where L&R Performance used to be.. complete with stock, lifts, tool boxes, dyno, diagnostic tools worth tens of thousands of dollars..
heck, even customer parts sitting there.. all for rent money plus ~10k USD to take the whole lot.

i have nothing against the new owners.. they saw a great deal and jumped on it.
but yeah, the shop i built literally with blood sweat and tears now has someone elses name on it.. while i'm a fugitive :D

Unbelievable! What happened?! The UAE took everything from you? I thought Dubai was supposed to be the financial land of opportunity. Were you extradited and all assets seized? That’s horrible. So sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
It’s back??? Yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

G.T

Reaction score
Unbelievable! What happened?! The UAE took everything from you? I thought Dubai was supposed to be the financial land of opportunity. Were you extradited and all assets seized? That’s horrible. So sorry.

Businesses in that part of the world traditionally must have a local partner that owns majority shares, even if only on papers.
mine had a salutation of "His Excellency Sheikh etc" and was a silent partner for the most part till he decided it's time to shift focus.... then despite being a sole signatory on the bank accounts, and the ONLY person involved in the day to day operations of the business, somehow a line of credit worth ~$800k USD taken out against the business, without my consent or knowledge, and the monthly payments broke my back after a tough year as it is..

few months later, i had spent all my savings and assets trying to keep things afloat, and pay salaries.. coupled with a some customers having their own financial set-backs, delaying payments, etc... i packed a bag and left the country on my lawyer's recommendation, as i have a better chance fighting now than i would behind bars.

he's untouchable, and i'm the bad guy in the eyes of all.. especially many customers were hurt in the process, but i didn't go down without a fight.
i lost absolutely everything i've ever owned, and lived alone in a country where nobody knows my name for 7 months..
lost 40lb (not a bad thing) till a friend sponsored to pay for the move of my wife and cats (we have 6, so it's not a simple deal) and now we're starting up from scratch

that's about it basically.... it's a cliche but don't take anything for granted.. that guy was a fantastic friend till his own priorities kicked in.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
that sucks beyond belief

one reason we (as a family business) have never had partners on paper only or not

we opened our factory in China in 2006 and only after you no longer needed to be a joint venture and could be a wholly owned foreign enterprise. obviously still risks since machines and inventory are in another country

good luck in what ever the future brings you

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Businesses in that part of the world traditionally must have a local partner that owns majority shares, even if only on papers.
mine had a salutation of "His Excellency Sheikh etc" and was a silent partner for the most part till he decided it's time to shift focus.... then despite being a sole signatory on the bank accounts, and the ONLY person involved in the day to day operations of the business, somehow a line of credit worth ~$800k USD taken out against the business, without my consent or knowledge, and the monthly payments broke my back after a tough year as it is..

few months later, i had spent all my savings and assets trying to keep things afloat, and pay salaries.. coupled with a some customers having their own financial set-backs, delaying payments, etc... i packed a bag and left the country on my lawyer's recommendation, as i have a better chance fighting now than i would behind bars.

he's untouchable, and i'm the bad guy in the eyes of all.. especially many customers were hurt in the process, but i didn't go down without a fight.
i lost absolutely everything i've ever owned, and lived alone in a country where nobody knows my name for 7 months..
lost 40lb (not a bad thing) till a friend sponsored to pay for the move of my wife and cats (we have 6, so it's not a simple deal) and now we're starting up from scratch

that's about it basically.... it's a cliche but don't take anything for granted.. that guy was a fantastic friend till his own priorities kicked in.

That's intense. I really hope things are starting off well for you again. Are you back in the states? With a situation like that, I am sure we could get a bunch to contribute in a gofundme campaign or such to get you back on your feet.

06StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
I like Andrews idea for a go fund me if you’re interested in that I’m sure the group would offer up some help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G.T

Reaction score
Thank you guys.. really..

i did set up a gofundme campaign that i eventually deleted.. i shared it on my facebook where i have ~90 friends (really! i only keep FB connections with friends/family and those i constantly keep in touch with) and i've received some support which i was really grateful for, till it started feeling that i was almost begging since i shared the campaign page in a very small group and it ran its course :)

i do have a photo of my "bedroom" that i had for a few weeks before getting a mattress from a neighbor (the ball on the pillow came with a rescue cat i took in to keep me company)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=YXcwd3M0bnBJZDh4cXdrcDFMOXNGd0N5UVpwbjVB

i love you guys.. really!
i miss being properly active here, but i haven't even sat in a mustang in over a year :)

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you guys.. really..

i did set up a gofundme campaign that i eventually deleted.. i shared it on my facebook where i have ~90 friends (really! i only keep FB connections with friends/family and those i constantly keep in touch with) and i've received some support which i was really grateful for, till it started feeling that i was almost begging since i shared the campaign page in a very small group and it ran its course :)

i do have a photo of my "bedroom" that i had for a few weeks before getting a mattress from a neighbor (the ball on the pillow came with a rescue cat i took in to keep me company)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=YXcwd3M0bnBJZDh4cXdrcDFMOXNGd0N5UVpwbjVB

i love you guys.. really!
i miss being properly active here, but i haven't even sat in a mustang in over a year :)

You have a great attitude, my friend. May everything work out well for you and your family quickly!...and get another Mustang ;-)

G.T

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir
i'm brushing up on PHP, SQL (in general) and other IT related stuff... stuff i've done 10+ years in the past and haven't touched in a while..
should pay the bills, till i figure out wtf my "true calling" is :D

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you, Sir
i'm brushing up on PHP, SQL (in general) and other IT related stuff... stuff i've done 10+ years in the past and haven't touched in a while..
should pay the bills, till i figure out wtf my "true calling" is [emoji1]

I too am in IT (Solutions Architect/Full-stack developer).
It can seem daunting at first playing catchup, as I had to a few years ago after chemo and bone marrow transplant for Leukemia.
Seemed like the world moved on and I couldn’t catch up.

In case you are interested, the resources that helped me aside from google-fu and YouTube, were:
TeamTreeHouse.com (not too pricey if you pay for the year)
MicrosoftVirtualAcademy.com (free)
DevU.com (I have a lifetime account)

You can also use UDemy.com, which always has a (make any course $10) coupon on retailmenot.com.

I highly recommend you check out Team TreeHouse’s Full Stack JavaScript course. We may have all laughed at JS 10 years ago when script kiddies were copying/pasting it from stackexchange to make animations and basic functionality, but it is no doubt the standard and language of the web.

I have been moving away from Server Side Object Model in favor of Client Side Object Model, working with REST API’s and JSON data. The initial hump seemed steep, but once you get over that, it is sooooo much easier, more secure, and scalable.

Obviously I still use C# for server extensions, and PowerShell for management or automation, but JS is everything web in the MVC architecture. You can even use Node.js for server side thanks to Google.

One more tip, rely on MDN (Mozilla Development Network). It’s the official documentation for JS, and you can use it like an Index for any function, etc. caniuse.com is great to check if things are cross browser compatible.

You will do well, my friend!

If you have questions, reach out to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

travelers

Reaction score
Glad to here your out of that place and with the wife and cats in a positive situation now. The little time I did spend there I was always on my guard and had a get out of jail card with me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back