Rock Climbing

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever partook in rock climbing?

Been to the gym some and started looking for more places locally to climb.

About to buy some climbing rope and other equipment to setup anchors and the like outdoors so we can climb anywhere theres something to tie off too

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
There is a place to boulder indoors where I live, its pretty sick. I like not having to deal with ropes and the challenge of figuring out routes. My fingers tho.. rip

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm a much bigger fan of bouldering than top rope. I usually climb around a V4-V5, but I haven't been in a couple months.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In CA, there are a lot of areas to climb. New Jack City, with over 300 bolted routes, is my favorite, but plenty of climbing in Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, Owens Valley just north of Bishop, and even Mammoth area. Big Bear area, Malibu, even Santa Barbara. Then of course there is Joshua Tree.

I was into rock climbing for about 10 years. Now I am about 25lbs heavier then I would like to seriously rock climb, so I go to the indoor rock climbing gym mostly. My favorite was to sport climb, and lead. In sport climbing the anchors are already set, but you still lead, then tie yourself off when you reach the top and feed the rope through so others behind you can top rope the same climb. So I worked my way up to being able to lead a 5.10c.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back