RockAuto Introduction & Discount Code!

Discussion in 'RockAuto' started by RockAuto, Mar 6, 2015.

1. RockAuto

RockAuto Official Site Vendor

2. RockAuto

The code in this thread expires in January.

3. 077tango

077tango Junior Member

Bumper cover

Need a front bumper cover for my 2006 GT, noticed your prices are a good bit less than Mustang vendors. Are we talking same quality and direct fit?

Thanks

4. RockAuto

We're able to offer the same first-quality products you'd find in any reputable store at a much lower price because our costs are lower than our competitors'. We keep our costs low by encouraging customers to self-serve and choose their own parts using our online catalog. We ship directly to our customers from centralized warehouses (sometimes directly from manufacturers). We have no retail stores, no counter-people and don't have a lot of money tied up in slow-moving inventory. We pass on those savings with lower prices!

5. 077tango

077tango Junior Member

Appreciate your quick response.

6. fast Ed

fast Ed forum member

Do we have a new update available on the discount code?

thank you

7. RockAuto

8. fast Ed

fast Ed forum member

Ah OK!! I was looking at the edited post at the start of this thread, and it showed Jan 12 of this year.

thank you

9. RockAuto

Absolutely!

10. ILW84U

ILW84U Senior Member

Is there a new discount code?

11. TexasBlownV8

TexasBlownV8 Formerly TexasBlownV6

[never mind; found the new code; thanks!]

12. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Hi guys, I bought a steering rack from you for my 2006 Tundra, I e-mailed customer service yesterday because the passenger side inner tierod is worn, has play in it, caused the truck to fail the NH state inspection due to safety issue.
    I just need a new inner tierod, but I do want to buy a new outer tierod and radiator cap at the same time.
    Customer service e-mailed me back late yesterday and they weren't very helpful. They basically regurgitated the warranty policy that's already on the site, that I can either remove the whole rack from the truck and send it in for a replacement or I can buy a new replacement and send back the old one.
    Well, that first option is definitely not gonna work since I can't have the truck out of service for days on end like that.
    And there really is no need for me to replace the whole rack, I just need a new tierod, a $30-40 part on your site.
    I've had nothing but issues trying to get 2 new front axle shafts for this truck from you guys, 3 shipments and they kept arriving damaged.
    But I've bought a lot of parts from you guys for my fiancee's '03 Subaru and for other cars in the last few years.
    And now this issue, which is really not making me a happy Rockauto customer.
    Is there anything you guys can actually do for me, so that I can just get a new inner tierod, while I buy a new outer so that both tierods on the one side are new?
    I want the Beck/Arnley tierods if possible.
    The rack is a Cardone unit, so I understand if that might not be an option, but maybe I can get a deeper discount off the 2 new Beck/Arnley tierods if I end up buying both?
    Please send me a message with your reply.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  13. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Soooo .... no reply, guess you guy don't care.
    No reply to the Facebook post either.
    Just checked and the post was gone, plus a comment I had on somebody else's post was gone too, so nice of you guys to remove anything that might say how you guys actually don't give a shit about your customers.
    Thanks for making my decision easy.
    Long time customer lost over a $30 part.
    Even worse, lost over bad customer service.
    Ignoring an upset customer's plea for help is horrible, deleting my stuff on Facebook without even messaging me? Even worse!

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  14. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Over 12 hours after I message you guys on Facebook, I get this BS reply:

[​IMG]

15. Saleen4971

Saleen4971 forum member

So, do you have any clue as to how a company like rockauto operates? Or are you just being a douche intentionally?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

16. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

So, do you have any clue what customer service is supposed to be like? Or are you just being a douche intentionally?

I'm most pissed at their lack of replies, at them deleting my post on Facebook, at them deleting a reply I had on somebody else's post on Facebook. It wasn't a douche reply either, before you jump to that conclusion.

If deleting customer's posts is how they deal with upset customers, **** them and the horse they rode in on.

I have over 20 years of retail customer service experience, and this is not the way to deal with an upset customer, especially a repeat customer.

Last edited: May 8, 2017