Rockwall Texas questions

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I work for Costco and I'm trying to get a transfer out to Texas, anywhere within an hour or so from a drag strip is my only concern. Right now there is a spot in Rockwall, wondering if any of you kind folks know much about the car scene, mainly how rough is smog? At this point I'm thinking anywhere is better than the Bay area, and also your thoughts on the place.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Your moving from Cali to Texas???? Thats crazyyy talk

That's easy to say from the outside looking in. It honestly comes down to money. I don't work at Google or a tech giant. My allergies are insane, so a wonderful bike ride through the hills leaves me itchy and and runny nosed. I pay $1500 in rent, for my 700 sq foot 1 bedroom apartment. Plus garbage and utilities. It's one of the less expensive places in the area.

Want to buy a gun? Good luck. Double the price of any "ca approved" gun with bs fees. Someone breaking into your car? If want to beat his ass for jot running when you catch him? Good luck in court. Especially if you use a gun, you bought legally, but did t have a carry permit. Or you just kicked his teeth in.

I want to buy my wife a house. I call it my man-o-logical clock. Shits ticking. I turned 30 this year. It wants a house by 35 so I'm not pushing 70 to pay it off. I'm 30. Our combined income is just over 80k. I would also like to retire. I can barely afford the 6 percent I put into my 401k. That won't get me anywhere.

I have a degree. I can read and write. I'm a damn commodity. But out here, unless it's a legit tech degree with a really specific major, good luck owning a home you'd actually be comfortable leaving your wife home alone in.

Out in Texas, working for Costco, I can own a home for less than my rent. My wife's income would be bonus. Cost of living is north of 40% less. The schools are better. The people are nicer. And I bet I can smog my carb legal blower a hell of a lot easier.

The state is broke. Unemployment is high. Inflation up. And generally, people are assholes. Can't make eye contact with a stranger in the mall without getting a mean mug and the threat of violence. You how lame it is having some punk front like he is all hard while wearing his sisters skinny jeans? And you can t touch Em. They sue

Really, all you pay for in Ca is the location and weather. An hour and change in any direction and I can hit the beach or snowboard. But I can't afford it. At least in Texas I can afford to vacation. I like the idea of a real honest to God middle class. And Texas has a great one. #1 growing state in the country.

All this. And I still have to tell myself I want to move.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
There is Dallas Raceway and The Texas Motorplex within 30 min from DFW. They do smog there, nothing like Cali though.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Come on by! Would love to have you in Texas! They are about to build a Costco right down the highway from me. Lol. Smog is easy here! Car scene-check, women-check cheaper rent- check x100!!!!

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Man the DFW area is the place to be. Come on!

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Busting my ass trying to get out there. Hopefully sooner than later!

So over cali smog though. My buddy has an srt4 and he was failed by 3 different techs for his boost gauge, and the big kicker, it came with it off the showroom floor.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back