RWHP Vortech v3 and Novi1200

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Non intercooled and intercooled, meth fed also.

Just curious what you are all pushing to the wheels along with what pulley, PSI, and engine RPM and what are your supporting mods.

Also wondering who's got the most here on one of these two units and who's is pushing it to the max?

My goal is 500-550rwhp. Might put a meth kit on it also but full bolt on and cammed. Waiting for tax season to hopefully finally get me a v3.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Intercooled on 93 octane with FRPP HR cams 13psi 637rwhp 547rwtq. This is with the 1500 Novi unit not the 1200. 1500 has same case but geared to spin up faster so more HP/torque at the same psi as the 1200 but not as much as the 2200.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Intercooled on 93 octane with FRPP HR cams 13psi 637rwhp 547rwtq. This is with the 1500 Novi unit not the 1200. 1500 has same case but geared to spin up faster so more HP/torque at the same psi as the 1200 but not as much as the 2200.

Thanks and very nice! Is that SL or oil fed from the pan? So inlet and outlet are the same? I always though it was same 3.6:1 gearing and larger inlet and outlet like a T trim vortech.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you are planning on running forged rods and pistons, right?

If you do an intercooled kit, Meth will not be needed for pump gas at your power goal.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you are planning on running forged rods and pistons, right?

If you do an intercooled kit, Meth will not be needed for pump gas at your power goal.

Yes lol. I'm going to freshen up in the future and then put in boss rods and a set of forged pistions at stock compression to 10:1. But until I go and swap internals I will only be shooting for 450ish. Just the standard 3.6" pulley and a soft tune from Lito. Its a daily driver. Track like 1-2 times a year for fun. My 1/4 goal is just anything in 11's. Even an 11.999 and I'm happy.

Very true. Is meth worth much at all below 600rwhp? Mainly for cooling and allowing of more power on pump gas?

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I think we've talked before about my kit. I trapped 94 in the 1/8th before turning it up little. This was with stock heads and stock manifolds (intake & exhaust). After stepping down to the 3.25" pulley from the 3.48" and adding the Ford Racing Manifold, the car felt much stronger than when it trapped 94. I would imagine closer to 100, maybe 96-98 mph. This is through my A2W intercooler and a full weight premium auto car.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks and very nice! Is that SL or oil fed from the pan? So inlet and outlet are the same? I always though it was same 3.6:1 gearing and larger inlet and outlet like a T trim vortech.

It is the same as a T Trim, I believe you are right. It's oil fed from the pan. 2.62 pulley.

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
i had the 1200 sl non-intercooled for awhile at 8lbs. it was a fun setup and simple system to install. But could tell the car would be down on power once it got too hot. i ran meth/water with it and that helped some. then i put an intercooler kit on dropped a pulley and went to the dyno. i was at 8psi at 6500rpm dyno'd 452hp 432tq. but i didn't like how late boost built up so i dropped to a 3.33 pulley i now hit 8psi at 6k rpm and 10psi at about 6500ish. and can only assume i'm a good bit above 452hp now. with lito tuning you can probably hit 500hp non-intercooled maybe even without meth/water but it wouldn't hurt to have it either.

sc517hp

Reaction score
2008 Mustang GT - MPH (Modular Power House) Series 2, #2 - second owner. I didn't get any documentation on engine mods.
Vortec V2 (tapped engine oil), not V3- original pulley, intercooled

JBA Shorties
Detroit Rocker SC grind
Snow Stage 2 water/methanol injection
522 rwhp custom SCT tune on LSXKilr's loaded dyno

9lbs boost, 91 octane pump gas, baseline before cams and after cam install pull:
upload_2017-12-18_8-29-19.png

upload_2017-12-18_8-28-59.png

Last edited:

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
2008 Mustang GT - MPH (Modular Horse Power) Series 2, #2 - second owner. I didn't get any documentation on engine mods.
Vortec V2 (tapped engine oil), not V3- original pulley, intercooled

JBA Shorties
Detroit Rocker SC grind
Snow Stage 2 water/methanol injection
522 rwhp custom SCT tune on LSXKilr's loaded dyno

9lbs boost, 91 octane pump gas, baseline before cams and after cam install pull:
View attachment 66100

View attachment 66099

Thanks for those! Really nice graph and on only 9lbs! S trim or T trim? That's perfect power for me. Also did you tune for the meth and add timing or is it there just to keep IAT's down?

sc517hp

Reaction score
MPH installed the blower before this car was sold new. Somewhere I have the build sheet from Modular Powerhouse with the specs, but I haven't seen it since the basement got remodeled- its down there somewhere. I'm pretty sure it is SI trim, though. Meth is to add timing.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
MPH installed the blower before this car was sold new. Somewhere I have the build sheet from Modular Powerhouse with the specs, but I haven't seen it since the basement got remodeled- its down there somewhere. I'm pretty sure it is SI trim, though. Meth is to add timing.

Okay thanks for the reply. Helps me out. Sure that car is a blast!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back