Votes: 36 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
added myself and Randy. Were ok with BG and seems most people are about the same distance.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok I may have a track in mind.

The problem is this---all of the major tracks require a large deposit to hold a date. I can not bankroll that myself---and the last time we had everyone sign up and "pre-pay"--no one would because we didn't have a date. I think out of the 80 people that said they would go, only 5 signed up. So that was a dismal failure.

So I should find out in a couple of days if the track I have in mind will work. It should be cheap enough were I can bankroll the deposit myself--which would give everyone a firm date on when this would take place.

Then we would have to decide on a date, but I am thinking late summer.

In any case I hope to come back to this thread in a couple of days and pose a few questions.

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
Personally, if it's late summer, I'm out. No one likes racing the heat, the cars are slower, etc. Spring or fall is when you'll get the most interest and participation.

08stang

forum member
Reaction score
who cares if all the cars run a little slower in the heat every ones does not just yours lol never understood this logic / excuse, good to know this is still alive kinda though.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Personally, if it's late summer, I'm out. No one likes racing the heat, the cars are slower, etc. Spring or fall is when you'll get the most interest and participation.

Yes, fall is a great possibility. But SPRING is definitely OUT in the mid west when its TORNADO SEASON.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
fall is tuff also with all the other events everywhere. When ever it is I will do my best to make it!

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
who cares if all the cars run a little slower in the heat every ones does not just yours lol never understood this logic / excuse, good to know this is still alive kinda though.

It's not just the cars running slower, that's really of that important. Granted, people like watching others go for their best times. Who wants to stand around in 80-90 degree weather, and watch cars run mediocre? Not this guy. I've been a part of way too many track rentals since the mid 90's, and summer rentals suck. Plain and simple.

08stang

forum member
Reaction score
It's not just the cars running slower, that's really of that important. Granted, people like watching others go for their best times. Who wants to stand around in 80-90 degree weather, and watch cars run mediocre? Not this guy. I've been a part of way too many track rentals since the mid 90's, and summer rentals suck. Plain and simple.

yeah thats true didnt really think about the sitting around and roasting factor of it being in the summer

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When we did a couple private track day events out here at Famoso, in the heat of the summer--we did all nighters. 11pm to 4am. It was nice, temps in the mid 70s at 2am.

Where there is a will there is a way. But like I said, I am looking at Sept / Oct if its going to happen this year.

But what I am running into, like I said above, is the big tracks want a large deposit in order for us to get a date on the schedule---so if I am going to bank roll this myself, the large well known tracks are out. I want this to happen and everything, but I don't have $3K laying around to put a deposit on a race that may never happen. So I am going to present in a few days the best thing I can do by myself---and if people reject it then someone else can try to organize it.

Keep in mind, we already tried to raise a deposit by having people do a pre-sign up and pay---and that was a dismal failure because no one would without a date. Thats why someone just has to step up and pay the deposit to get a date.

Last edited:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised a larger vendor from this site wouldnt step up to pay the deposit and be the overall sponsor for the event. Hell, they would make that money back by selling parts on the day of the event alone..

2008PHANTOM

forum member
Reaction score
Can't add to map on my phone but Atlanta Dragway is my choice. Very nice track!

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back