S550 4 Pistons on S197 Car

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Got a chance to test this over the weekend. I know some people have been curious about this, but it turns out they bolt right up! Using the same bolts as the S197. This is with an S197 GT500 rotor, not sure if they are the same as the S550 4P rotors or not. You will need a different brake line, since the OEM S197 lines will not work. You should be able to use a 6P line from a 13/14 GT500.

17115508543_8d9da4b214_c.jpg
17548330390_55d00a9b18_c.jpg
17735853535_2ef01ab40a_c.jpg

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Very nice Dylan! I sure need a brake upgrade myself. Maybe soon though.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Nice work Grasshopper!!!

There goes the price of OEM s550 take offs through the roof!!!!!!! LOL

Last edited:

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Just a head up, these are even bigger than 4P brembos, so wheel options might suck. As far as the price goes, you'd have to talk to Kelly at BMR. This is his caliper, I just borrowed it to settle our curiosity. I do know he's interested in selling though.

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like the caliper is $364 a piece on the Ford website...$120 bucks less than the '14 Shelby pieces

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that ford has 3 different brake packages, the standard 2 piston, these, and then apparently a brembo package. are the brembos 6 piston?

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Now we need to find out if lines and calipers work and what the best combo of parts are, I like the look of these much more then the s197 4 piston so it would be awesome toi find a way to run them

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting ... I was wondering how close they would be to working on an S197, that answer the question. Thanks for giving it a go and sharing the result.

cheers
Ed

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, they are mine.

Are they centered to the rotor? Hard to tell by the pics. Reason I ask is, I know the S550 rotors are completely different, with the outboard venting instead of inboard on the rotor hats.

As for selling, the link above shows these to be $95/each.....LOL. I wouldn't even sell them for that, used. Rather keep 'em laying around assuming those prices on Tasca are accurate.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot....they definitely look much "meatier" than the 11-14 Brembos.

I bet that would help with heat dissipation for the road course crowd. May help lengthen the service life of those piston seals. ;)

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Yes, they are mine.

Are they centered to the rotor? Hard to tell by the pics. Reason I ask is, I know the S550 rotors are completely different, with the outboard venting instead of inboard on the rotor hats.

As for selling, the link above shows these to be $95/each.....LOL. I wouldn't even sell them for that, used. Rather keep 'em laying around assuming those prices on Tasca are accurate.

Everything fit up just fine, it all looked good. The calipers were bolted down and I pressed the rotor flush with the hub. I'm not sure about the very front of the pad and where it falls on the swept area of the rotor, but it looks like it will work just fine with S197 Brembo rotors. I meant to grab a rotor from you before I tried this, but I was too darn busy this week to swing by.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score

There are 2 prices for #6

W/Hi-Perf Pkg...$250
W/O Hi-Perf Pkg...$94

The brakes in the pics look too beefy to not be Hi-Perf.

Is your car W or W/O the package?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
5.0 comes with two options.

The ones above are standard issue. My car is a run of the mill base model car, and it came with 14" rotors and the 4 pistons in this thread.

The Performance Pack comes with 15" 6-Pistons - we have those on our PP car at BMR.

So the $95 calipers are the ones this thread is about.

That is cheeeeaaaaaap.....

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
Good god yeah now those do have a core charge on them but still I'm sure we have calipers laying around. You think those brembos would work on a 14" rotor?

QUOTE=BMR Tech;2224552]5.0 comes with two options.

The ones above are standard issue. My car is a run of the mill base model car, and it came with 14" rotors and the 4 pistons in this thread.

The Performance Pack comes with 15" 6-Pistons - we have those on our PP car at BMR.

So the $95 calipers are the ones this thread is about.

That is cheeeeaaaaaap.....[/QUOTE]

lito

forum member
Reaction score
If these bolt and center, I doubt there are different spindles for the PP so a 6 piston should bolt and center too maybe?

leviathon

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like it would work. Only if you wanna run 15' inch rotors. Unless maybe 14' would work

If these bolt and center, I doubt there are different spindles for the PP so a 6 piston should bolt and center too maybe?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back