Safety Loop for 4” Driveshaft

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone running a 4” driveshaft with a safety loop on? I’m looking to do the TR6060 swap and use a GForce 4” driveshaft. I also have Kooks headers and the motor is lowered about 1/2” if that affects any clearance requirements.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I’ll take a look at CHE.

Kelly at BMR wasn’t sure if their loop would fit a 4” driveshaft coupled with a TR6060 and a 326 stroker.

I’m checking with a couple of other sources. Thanks

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the advice earlier.

Just an update. JPC recommends the BMR GT500 loop. I’m checking with Kelly on a loop that will accommodate a 4” driveshaft. I think the 326 with a TR6060 should be a similar config to an 07-09 GT500.

Again personal experience would be helpful. I could also just stick with a 3” driveshaft but if I’m looking at 700-800whp, I may want to stick with the 4” driveshaft.

travelers

Reaction score
I have one of them sitting here and it fits great at least the part that bolts to the body. But not for my setup with the T56 Magnum, it's to short. The drive shaft loop measures 4 5/8" inside.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I have one of them sitting here and it fits great at least the part that bolts to the body. But not for my setup with the T56 Magnum, it's to short. The drive shaft loop measures 4 5/8" inside.

Thanks for the measurements. You selling your base plate and loop? I think it’s DTB002 and DSL012 that I need.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The DSS DS is aluminum, 900 hp rated, and 3.5". That might be another option. 4" doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. I use the rear BMR tunnel brace + mating safety loop. DS clears the bottom of the tunnel brace, when car is up on a 4 post lift, and suspension at full droop. That's with a 1.25" rear drop on my 2010 auto.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
The one I have is the DSL020 black. And yes I can sell it. PM me

PM sent! Thanks

The DSS DS is aluminum, 900 hp rated, and 3.5". That might be another option. 4" doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. I use the rear BMR tunnel brace + mating safety loop. DS clears the bottom of the tunnel brace, when car is up on a 4 post lift, and suspension at full droop. That's with a 1.25" rear drop on my 2010 auto.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back