Saleen Bumper on a V6! Different energy absorber foam needed?

NJStangers Jonathan

forum member
Reaction score
I recently just upgraded to the Saleen PJ front end but wasn't sure if I had to replace the energy absorber foam behind it from my stock v6 since the bumper is pushed out a bit from the center, making a gap under the headlights that gets bigger towards the center of the car, as well as not allowing the splitter to fully attach to the light

Anyone know?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I recently just upgraded to the Saleen PJ front end but wasn't sure if I had to replace the energy absorber foam behind it from my stock v6 since the bumper is pushed out a bit from the center, making a gap under the headlights that gets bigger towards the center of the car, as well as not allowing the splitter to fully attach to the light

Anyone know?

Yup, it needs to be replaced with either a GT one or if they make a PJ specific one, go with that. If you re use the v6 one, the bumper will sit low like you described.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
+1 on what alloy said... I forgot to reinstall mine when I out my car back together and there was a small gap between my upper grille and bumper. Wasn't really noticeable but the bumper wasn't as solid as it should be and would flex a little...

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You can honestly just make one. Ford charges out the ASS for the piece.

Its call a foam isolator, if I remember right it was $135 or so when I last checked about a year ago.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Easier still, is to just trim the top of the v6 bumper insert.
Looking at the piece from the top, you can see where it rises past the notches and remains raised/thicker toward the back. Simply trim it down to be flush with and same thickness as the notched section; you'll have a 'GT' one in your hands.

NJStangers Jonathan

forum member
Reaction score
hmm okay well Saleen just told me that that won't matter that I'm suppose to use some piece of foam to cover the gaps but according to other pjs on a pj forum, I do need it as well....only problem is ford has to order it which will take a few days so I may just trim my stock one and save money

NJStangers Jonathan

forum member
Reaction score
hey I actually trimmed down the v6 one and made it fit, even made my v6 grille almost look like it was made to fit this bumper! If you trim the front edges all around and then take the absorber piece on top that says v6 and shave about a 1/2" off the top of it, it will sit flush and get rid of the curve under the grille making yours sit almost perfectly! I have to get pictures up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back