Saleen S/C's and High Air Inlet Temps

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Here ya go guys! First one done

We got it finished up. We are taking pre orders on the webstore, please allow build time on these units. As you can see they're pretty trick pieces. Very little modification is needed to install, just tweaking the a/c line towards the fenderwell, popping the one push pin on the fenderwell that holds the harness down some and relocating the main harness to the inside of the oil fill and it slides right in. These were designed off the 3 bolt mounting plate. I do not have a new design plate car here to see what we can do to fit it that those. But hopefully you guys like it! I'm looking into black powder coat options as I type this but it's a holiday.

All the details are listed on the webstore link below guys!

http://store.jpcracing.com/JPC-Racing-Custom-Saleen-Intercooler-Resovoir_p_1708.html

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Not trying to get into a pissing contest, but my original post was intended to question how much coolant the stock Saleen reservoir holds?

To clarify, it holds 24 oz. - not 16 oz. I just filled one up and measured it.

By the way nice looking product!!

If you fill it to the bottom of the to hose it's 16oz. If you fill it to the brim maybe.

So if I overfill the larger one it's over 100 oz. You don't run it like that. Not trying to get into a pissing contest either.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Placed an order! Will let you guys know how the install goes, looks like a really nice peice in the pictures.

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
A family health issue popped up...but I will be ordering one very soon.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Black Powder coat is now an option.

Also If you guys want we will do a group buy on these at 299.00 shipped in natural or 325.00 shipped in Black powder coat if we get 5 or more orders!

Also I believe the 07 up cars with the smaller OE Strut mount plate should be able to use the OEM adaptor plate that bolts the Factory tank up. Worst case would be minor modification to your plate

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I recieved mine the other day, really nice peice, a work of art! Welds are pefect and there are several strange angles to make use of every available inch of space, very well though out and executed, the cap is also very nice, heavy dudy and makes serious seal, no more leaks!

Install was tight, i had to shift the harness over to make it fit but its in there, bending the AC line jsut a bit was a piece of cake. Capicity is incredible and it looks great under the hood.

I doubt its related but Since the install i cant get the car to idle, im getting Throttle BOdy actuator stuck open codes, im going to swap electronics soon... Once i get it runnning ill take some pics in the day light and post em.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
I recieved mine the other day, really nice peice, a work of art! Welds are pefect and there are several strange angles to make use of every available inch of space, very well though out and executed, the cap is also very nice, heavy dudy and makes serious seal, no more leaks!

Install was tight, i had to shift the harness over to make it fit but its in there, bending the AC line jsut a bit was a piece of cake. Capicity is incredible and it looks great under the hood.

I doubt its related but Since the install i cant get the car to idle, im getting Throttle BOdy actuator stuck open codes, im going to swap electronics soon... Once i get it runnning ill take some pics in the day light and post em.

If you got some pics that would be good. It was fun making that thing as big as possible and still fit. It slides right in tight.

Nah I don't think the tank cause the TB issue unless you dumped coolant all of the throttle body

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Nah I don't think the tank cause the TB issue unless you dumped coolant all of the throttle body

I thought perhaps i damaged a wire moving the harness around but everything looks ok, its just my luck that my TB craps out when install a nice new mod and i have a Track rental on Satuday... :rant:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
I thought perhaps i damaged a wire moving the harness around but everything looks ok, its just my luck that my TB craps out when install a nice new mod and i have a Track rental on Satuday... :rant:

Is it your stock throttle body or aftermarket?

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
GT500 TB with stock electronics transfered over, been running it for months with no issues...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back