Saleen wrap - 3M Gloss Liquid Copper

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Sid, the car looks absolutely amazing! You definitely made the right choice of wrap.

And if you got that done for $2300, including door jams, you got a good deal, IMHO. A buddy of mine was quoted over $3000 to have his Shelby done like that.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Looks amazing!

Sid, the car looks absolutely amazing! You definitely made the right choice of wrap.

And if you got that done for $2300, including door jams, you got a good deal, IMHO. A buddy of mine was quoted over $3000 to have his Shelby done like that.

Bravo. Beryllium Saleen is one of my fav cars ever. Looks fantastic.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU...TGR96, the color shift wrap would have cost a few hundred more because the material cost more. For a chrome wrap like the Bloodbath red I considered, it was 2 grand just for the roll of wrap. Chrome wrap is thicker and much harder to install. That would have cost me well over 4 grand. Big reason I didn't choose that one. Wonder if your buddy was choosing a more expensive wrap? You are right though, I did get a good deal. Other local quotes were around the same price without the jambs; plus he installed my Saleen HIDs. A lot of wiring and ballast mounting etc; not just a simple headlight swap.

Last edited:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
That is awesome!!! I think the price is reasonable considering I just got a quote to paint a new hood for mine that was $900. Just for the hood. And $250 for a Roush rear spoiler. That's just for painting. I had no idea it cost that much. Your car looks amazing. Great choice.

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
That looks really good. I just ordered about ten samples of different colors of blue from that website haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
That is awesome!!! I think the price is reasonable considering I just got a quote to paint a new hood for mine that was $900. Just for the hood. And $250 for a Roush rear spoiler. That's just for painting. I had no idea it cost that much. Your car looks amazing. Great choice.
Much appreciated.

That looks really good. I just ordered about ten samples of different colors of blue from that website haha

Thanks! I must have ordered about 30 samples myself. It got addicting over the winter. Here's a few pics of the door jambs wrapped. Sorry for the crappy Iphone pics near dusk. The orange really appears darker out of the sunlight. You can see where the inside of the mirrors were wrapped. The passenger door mirror is starting to come loose just inside the edge. The wrap has done that in spots with the changing temps here(50s yesterday). Its no big deal. I just hit it with a heat gun and plastic smoother and it smooths out and sticks down again.
VA3yAYX.jpg

zY5ex9L.jpg

Jt5p9Up.jpg

21PqUsh.jpg

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
My total cost was around $2300.

Really not bad at all considering the price of a quality paint job these days is around 6 or 7k. At Nashville Cars and Coffee I've seen Lambos and Ferraris wrapped and was blown away that it was a wrap and not a paint job. I think wraps are the new paint of the future. I think the material and ease of installation will continue to get better and better.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool looking! Did you do the Silver insert with the Saleen name or does it come like that ?

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
That looks fantastic! I hate you for how good it looks, now I need mine done.
Hahah! Love your car. I would really want a GT500 vert if I didn't have mine. Your car would look great wrapped if you wanted a temporary color change.

This is HOT! It took me a second to warm up to this, but the color looks right at home on a Saleen.
Thanks Cam! I know you're a dark color guy, so I appreciate the feedback from you on this choice.

fappitty fappitty fappitty...

:yaoface: thanks

Really not bad at all considering the price of a quality paint job these days is around 6 or 7k. At Nashville Cars and Coffee I've seen Lambos and Ferraris wrapped and was blown away that it was a wrap and not a paint job. I think wraps are the new paint of the future. I think the material and ease of installation will continue to get better and better.
I got the idea to do my car at a local C&C. The guy that ended up doing my car was there with his wrapped GT-R. I could not tell it wasn't paint. Pretty much sold me right there. My situation is perfect for a wrap. Long term ownership. Original paint in great shape. Color change to freshen it up and protect the finish underneath. I think wraps add about 5 lbs of weight, which is nothing. My car never sees bad weather, so it should last. Time will tell.

Very cool looking! Did you do the Silver insert with the Saleen name or does it come like that ?

I did the inserts. Doors were suffering from the dreaded panel insert droop common to the 05-09's. I fixed it once and they came loose again. I found these panels online. They are plastic with a nice brushed aluminum finish that matches the dash. I found Saleen stickers online also. The panels were made by Predator Mustang. I don't see them online anymore. May have gone out of business.

Last edited:

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
How is upkeep? Do you still wash and wax like normal? Always been curious about that with wrapped cars.

Looks fantastic man, love the color

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
How is upkeep? Do you still wash and wax like normal? Always been curious about that with wrapped cars.

Just wash like normal. I believe they make a wax for gloss wrap, also some gloss wraps can be buffed to remove swirls and light scratches.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks a lot!

Just wash like normal. I believe they make a wax for gloss wrap, also some gloss wraps can be buffed to remove swirls and light scratches.

Not sure about buffing it. I'm certainly not gonna try. You cannot use anything petroleum based. Like you said, normal wash and you can use wax. Also, there are a lot of detail sprays for wraps. So far I have only used this:
wcaftercarejp_croftgateMKE-450x500.png

It works great. The shop that wrapped my car recommended Turtle Wax Ice. I've had good luck with that stuff on my satin black hood paint. It doesn't streak. I saw where you can also use a coating on wraps. I saw online someone used this on a 3M Black Rose wrap. It looked great:
41KAdjT%2B5sL.jpg

I got some at Autogeek. Its a 2 year gloss coat that works with vinyl. You can wax or seal over top of it. I will post pics after I try it.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Did not know you had experience with wraps. You've had some awesome cars; but I'm a vert guy, so your present car is my fave. Wrap it!!!

Thanks! My first S197 was a 'vert. I absolutely love everything about them, even the way they look with the top up. The only problem I'd have with wrapping is deciding on which color to go with. There are way too many choices available nowadays.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Not to thread jack, this just made me miss mine. I seriously want to wrap mine again.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85690&page=24

I remember that car fondly. It's part of the reason I still want to do a matte red wrap on my car.

I'm so glad you posted the picture of the Berrilyum car. I saw the first pic you posted and thought "I swear I've seen an orange Saleen before." I'd totally forgot about that option. Wasn't it something silly like $12k for that color?

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
The only problem I'd have with wrapping is deciding on which color to go with. There are way too many choices available nowadays.
I know exactly what you mean. I ordered a lot of samples over the winter. New colors are constantly coming out.

II'm so glad you posted the picture of the Berrilyum car. I saw the first pic you posted and thought "I swear I've seen an orange Saleen before." I'd totally forgot about that option. Wasn't it something silly like $12k for that color?

Yes, the Saleen custom colors like Lizstick Red(Candy Apple), Rainbow, and Beryllium are ridiculously expensive paint options for like $15K. I've seen where some versions of Beryllium orange fade in places if left in the sun too long. That would suck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back