SCT 3015 Tuner questions.

mustangGT90210

Reaction score
Hey guys, I inherited an unmarried SCT 3015 tuner with pre-loaded tunes on it. Through some research, I've determined that SCT no longer supports this device, which is all fine. Can anyone that has one tell me what firmware level they are at? My device is 1.2.147. I'm just curious how updated this old thing might be?

I flashed the 93 Octane tune into my '12 GT today. Quick drive tells me throttle response is better over stock, but I haven't had it out for any distance yet to know if anything actually feels more powerful, or if its just a throttle response change?

JC SSP

Reaction score
Just did a quick online search 1.2.136 is the most recent one I found. It looks like yours is a higher number.

upload_2023-5-8_16-4-54.jpeg

mustangGT90210

Reaction score
That's good to know! I've never run a tuner on any of my vehicles, so this is all new to me. Through all this reading and trying to understand, it looked like some 5.0 cars were having issues with the early SCT tunes and cylinder #8 concerns. I read that the tunes were updated at some point, which I assume would happen with a firmware update to the tuner?

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
people were fueling them too lean, and cylinder #8 would be the leanest so it would blow a hole in the piston.

No telling if those tunes are "updated" or not. I personally wouldn't run any canned tune off an SCT on my car. That device is merely for getting a tune, (from a proper tuner, written for your car), into the PCM.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
SCT may no longer update the device, but Im pretty sure it still would work with the Advantage software.

Im actually running the SCT 93 canned tune right now. Its OK, but IMO the throttle is touchy off idle. I will be comparing it to the control pack strategy next week.
Dont worry about #8 with the canned tune, it actually is richened up compared to stock. WOT power is set to .82 lambda, which is 12.05 afr. Perfect and safe for E10.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back