SCT X2... i could kick this guys @$$...

1FastS197

Reaction score
okay, so i bought a tuner from a guy... he has a 98 cobra and it is wrecked... the fuse box is busted and will not power up the computer... the X2 is locked to that computer... so i was like okay, i'll get the insurance work and send it to SCT and they will unlock it for free... in the middle of all this, the guy that owns the car moves to GERMANY!!! WTF!!! leaves his wife and kid in the US and moves to Germany with some random chick... but thats another story... so now i have the computer and the tuner but no way to unlock it without paying the 150.00 from SCT... i thought about taking the computer out of a 99-04 car (i have a friend that owns a shop and has a million of these cars there) and plugging up the tuner to it and unlocking it that way... but i have no idea if the harness is the same for 96-04 or if the computer will power up that way...

end/rant:rant:

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
okay, so i bought a tuner from a guy... he has a 98 cobra and it is wrecked... the fuse box is busted and will not power up the computer... the X2 is locked to that computer... so i was like okay, i'll get the insurance work and send it to SCT and they will unlock it for free... in the middle of all this, the guy that owns the car moves to GERMANY!!! WTF!!! leaves his wife and kid in the US and moves to Germany with some random chick... but thats another story... so now i have the computer and the tuner but no way to unlock it without paying the 150.00 from SCT... i thought about taking the computer out of a 99-04 car (i have a friend that owns a shop and has a million of these cars there) and plugging up the tuner to it and unlocking it that way... but i have no idea if the harness is the same for 96-04 or if the computer will power up that way...

just ....wow .....thats nuts :wtf1:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
when i bought my used tuner for my 2002 GT, i made a deal with the guy to pay half up front and the rest when i verified i could use it. Since he was confident that it was unlocked, he agreed,

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Harness is deff different 96-97 4v the same , 98 different , 99-02 different than those and , 03-04 different than all the rest , BUT you SHOULD be able to hook it into any of them though ( cobra's ) long enough to power it up and unlock it , I would offer to do it but my whole harness in my cobra is dismantled at the moment lol

1FastS197

Reaction score
so, again... how much did you save buying a used tuner? :asshat:
got 50 bucks in it! lol... i talked to SCT and they said 75 since i have the computer... so i'll have 125 in the tuner... not to bad but i'm still gonna put the computer in another car and try to unlock it that way... does anyone know if changing the computers in a car to do this could somehow mess anything else up? lol... me and anoher friend are gonna try it in his 03 cobra...

Last edited:

1FastS197

Reaction score
Harness is deff different 96-97 4v the same , 98 different , 99-02 different than those and , 03-04 different than all the rest , BUT you SHOULD be able to hook it into any of them though ( cobra's ) long enough to power it up and unlock it , I would offer to do it but my whole harness in my cobra is dismantled at the moment lol

thanks man, i understand having it tore apart! lol... story of my life!!:beerdrink:

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I would just let SCT do it. If they unlock it do the reset the 5 married uses. $125 is a deal for a SCT used.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back