SearPoint/Infineon/Sonoma raceway regulars

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody out there that hits up that track willing to take some time to teach a new guy?

I've got to swap out my driveshaft before I bother, but I'd be looking at getting out there early this summer. I'm just usually a pretty shy person so getting out and doing something like that by myself kind of freaks me out.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I heard Infineon has great DA most of the year, and it a great track, but I hardly ever make it out that way. Famoso is about as far north as I go, all though I am looking at going to Sacramento a couple times this year.

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
I could even hit up Sac, it'd just be a lot further tow home if I break something, lol..

the_shane

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be willing! Haven't been out this season yet and wanting to go. I've race there several times before, there's nothing to it. Let me know and we could schedule something...

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet. Well, like I said, I gotta get a driveshaft bought for this thing before I bother, or it might end up somewhere on the strip.

And of course, since we thought we'd be doing great this year with money, it's been nothing but BS since the 1st..

I guess I'll post up whenever I'm actually ready to go.

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
The center bearing is in really bad shape. The bushing is almost gone around it, and the bearing itself squeals when it gets warmed up..

I Could go cheap and put another oem shaft in, but this car isn't going to stay stock.. I just happen to have gone nearly broke since I bought it.. My wife went out of work for nearly a year about a month after I bought it, and now that she found a new job, my work is all but non existent so far this year.

the_shane

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. Not sure if you'ed tried craigslist. A couple months ago I saw someone selling a cost shaft. I've also seen a couple oem shafts as well...

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, see OEM shafts all the time. I only drive the car about 20 miles a month currently, so any money spent on another stock piece is just money I didn't save for a good one.

It's all good though, if the stars align, and we both magically manage to work at the same time instead of flip flopping, we'll be doing good.

Back