Shaker 500 reinstall problem

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Took the SOS gauge bezel and dvd player out and putting the old Shaker 500 back in. After putting everything back together the radio doesnt turn on????? WTF? Is there a process i have to do to get it back on? Didnt think these radio's had any anti theft protection. Anyone know whats up?

EDIT: I hear its linked to the ECU somehow. Gonna flash to stock tune and back to the KB tune to see if it helps.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, stupid question(s).

1 - The system you took out, did you use the factory harness with it or did you wire everything new?
2 - If everything was wired new, have you checked to see if the fuse is good on the factory stereo circuit? Because it could have been bad and you would have never known because you weren't using that circuit.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Is was factory radio with factory harness. I said screw it and pulled the radio out to test it. Fuses are all good. Croc cliped the positive and negitive on back of radio to battery and the radio is dead. Taking it to dealership tomorrow to trade it out.

Tested Pioneer wired with harness to factory harness and everything works fine. Shaker radio took a shit on me.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back