Shaker 500 Swap

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Has anyone on here successfully swapped from the base radio to the Shaker 500? My '06 has the regular 5 speaker system and my parts car has the Shaker 500 that I actually really enjoyed. My reasoning for wanting to do the Shaker over an aftermarket setup is that I like where the subs are being in the door (compact, doesn't weigh much) and I theoretically have all of the parts in front of me.

I pulled the door panels off my base radio car and noticed it doesn't have the harness for the door sub, and there are no harnesses for the Shaker amp in the driver footwell area. Do I really need to transfer the entire body harness? If so, fuck that lol. I've heard of people doing this but never any steps or explanation.

Thanks!

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
To answer straight forward, yes. You'd need the Shaker 500 harness if you don't want to run your own wire.

All you really need are the Shaker 500 door panels (for the 8" sub housing).

If I were in your shoes, and had the sub housing door panels, I'd go with the kicker upgrade subs (may even be other brands 8" subs that fit by now, I only know Kicker had the right equipment dimensions when Shelby did their shaker upgrade package. I can't remember the wiring details, but you can use your own choice in amplifier for the subs. JL makes a mono amp that kicks out something like 450-500w rms, absolutely enough to destroy the kicker 8" subs if it wanted to. I have this amp and run a 12" JL (something I forgot the model but it's pretty trick and booms the shit out of my F250) and it's about 8"L x 10"W x 2"H, you could literally mount it under the seat or somewhere secluded and run wire.

There's lots of options for run a simple and stealthy system. But you're going to have to lay the wiring yourself if you don't have the harness and original equipment. Even if you had the original equipment available to you, you'd still have to run that wire and mount amps/subs anyway. So why not put better stuff in that doesn't cost an arm and leg. Should you submit to doing things the easy way, the traditional Boomtube parked against the rear seat in the trunk actually works well. Good bass, good response, and good price. Easy to install, too.

However, there's no argument from me that the 8" door woofers are clean and sound great. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
The car used to have two 12" Pioneer subs powered by a 900w Jensen mono that sat up against the rear seats. It was too much for me and they weighed a bunch/got in the way. Those are gone but the wiring is all still there, but again it's ran as for a mono. I'm really not too familiar with stereo setups.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back