shaving rims 5mm

wusthof

forum member
Reaction score
Long story short......wanted 20s with little money - picked up a set of Razors, but with the damn 24mm offset, better than my snowflakes nonetheless. "ah, I get used to them and grow to like em'"........not quite. I don't have the money to sell and then put extra $$ into a new/used set with a decent staggered setup. I've read on here and have found out that some people have shaved a bit off the hub....approx 5 mm. I run 255s all the way around, but would love to go with a 275/285 in the future, but it would look so ghetto with them sticking out!!!!! Hell, they stick out a bit now or just barely flush!! It would make my rear offset 29mm instead of the 24mm. Is it worth it? is 5mm even noticeable?? Am I s.o.l. here guys? tia

Last edited:

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
I don't see why it would hurt.....but i'll wait for the experts to step in :)

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ive heard from multiple shops that 3mm is the most you can shave "safely" from the hub. Now Im sure someone will post otherwise but just my :2cents:

wusthof

forum member
Reaction score
just an fyi to everyone, my razors only have enough meat on the back to shave 4mm off safely - damn, not quite worth it. 6-8mm and I would have done it.......

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back