Side View Mirror Glass Install

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything on the internet regarding how to removing the glass on a side view mirror and then reinstalling it.

The mirror is scratched up, and I much rather not have to install a whole new side view mirror since it will be more expensive and time consuming.

Any information on how to do it will be great. This is for a 2008 Mustang GT, although I'm sure most cars are generally the same.

Thank you in advance

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Side mirror on our cars are like 100 bucks from the factory, even less aftermarket. takes about 30 mins to install bud. Ill do a write up if you'd like

Edit: Check price 99.89

Last edited:

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
The glass is under $25, and I'm assuming less than 10 minutes to install.

I would like to save the time and money, if I could. That is my second option if I can't just simply replace the glass.

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Its been awhlie since ive had one apart but we have a girl coming into the shop today with a broken mirror on an 07 and ill take it apart to see if you can just replace the glass

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
I've actually read online, for the Mustangs you need to position the mirror to the top right position, and pull out from the bottom left. I will try it next week and see if it's true.

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
For those wondering, yes, it does come out, however, mine broke. I haven't seen any other reports of people breaking the plastic mechanism behind the glass, but it happened to me, of course. Now this turns into a much more expensive fix. Just wanted to let people know that are in the same dilemma.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Find a set of Agent 47 mirrors to replace, damn these things are sexy :D

also sorry the plastic bit broke on you, maybe you could epoxy it back together?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back