Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
wider = bigger

so technically shaggy is correct, just this one time :p

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Brian, all 4 rims are 10"? You picked out. I believe on the boss' they were 9" all around and the ones I bought from Ford racing are staggered 9 and 10, would have been nice to be able to rotate.
Wheels are going to look great with your color post a side shot

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I haven't opened the last two boxes yet but Cam assured me that all four rims were 10" wide. I've never had any reason to doubt anything Cam has ever said, and I've had several dealings with him over the last few years.

I will get some side shots but need to wash the car as well.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Got the other two wheels on. Unfortunately I discovered that you cannot remove the TPMS without breaking it, so I need to buy new ones for 2 wheels. Can't use the ones off my old wheels (at least I'm not good enough to get them off in one piece). They pull into place like a regular rubber valve stem and I didn't want to gouge up the wheels trying to push them back through the hole with a screwdriver. At some point I'll buy two, break down the wheels and install them. Until then I'll ignore the light in the dash.

Stance is much improved. These wheels stick out further than almost all of Ford's stock wheels so the tires actually come out near the edge of the fender instead of recessed way back.

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Damn, that's awesome!
I so wanted those for my car ... lol, oh well, guess they belong on a Sterling Gray GT regardless

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! For the first time since I've owned this car, I'm really beginning to like how it looks. And except for drag racing wheels I've never bought a set of wheels for any car I've ever owned. These just really caught my eye and it's always great dealing with Cam.

My mechanic agreed to buy my old wheels for the same $600 I paid for these. Two tires have some life left but the other two are below the wear markers.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the other two wheels on. Unfortunately I discovered that you cannot remove the TPMS without breaking it, so I need to buy new ones for 2 wheels. Can't use the ones off my old wheels (at least I'm not good enough to get them off in one piece). They pull into place like a regular rubber valve stem and I didn't want to gouge up the wheels trying to push them back through the hole with a screwdriver. At some point I'll buy two, break down the wheels and install them. Until then I'll ignore the light in the dash.

Stance is much improved. These wheels stick out further than almost all of Ford's stock wheels so the tires actually come out near the edge of the fender instead of recessed way back.

IMG_3401.jpg

Money shot here, I like!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I put a few miles on the car today, drove to Coca Beach and back to look at a couple trucks. It handles like it's on rails with these tires. The one time I hit the brakes kinda hard (coasting up to a stop light at 45mph) I hit 1.06 on the G force meter.

Got Grip? :snoopy

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Just got home from a 1200 mile road trip. 1:30am and I'm a bit wound up from the drive, even though I'm exhausted. Car runs and handles great, tire noise is much louder with 11.4" wide tires and it's definitely not the most comfortable choice for a road trip.

Good news is I think I found my next bucket truck. I'm getting a baby truck to supplement my big truck, not to replace it.

http://www.altec.com/products/available-inventory/used/2008-altec-ta37m-2/

9546581265_1.JPG

9546581265_3.JPG

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:lol:

As far as the road noise, that's what the volume knob on the radio is for :)

That's a baby truck???!!!! glad business is good that you need a second rig!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back