Sneak Peak - Steeda BOSS 302 specific cold air system

S

Steedagus

We've been working behind the scenes to make a Boss specific cold air system. While our current 5.0L GT system will fit a Boss car we wanted to improve the fit and while we were at it, improve the air intake system itself.

Here is a sneak peak at those efforts.

Boss101CAI1.jpg

The inlet tube has been revised for a direct fit. As many of you know the throttle body is in a different position and angle than the 5.0L GT which makes it a chore to install aftermarket cold airs designed for the GT.

Boss101CAI2.jpg

As you can see from this shot the angle the tube meets the throttle body is correct, with the GT kit you end up with an angle between the tube and the silicone connection since it is intended for the GT application. It works but its not really correct. Our new set up will be.

It will also feature a larger diameter to accomodate the higher airflow potential of the Boss 302 set up.

Comments welcome.

S

Steedagus

Don't have that info yet... thats why its just a teaser... We will have final cost info in the coming weeks....

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
looks nice...I LOVE that NX plate kit you have on that Boss. It's very sleek and clean looking.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you going to sell a kit for standard GTs that includes the BOSS manifold, the new intake, and a tuner?

S

Steedagus

Are you going to sell a kit for standard GTs that includes the BOSS manifold, the new intake, and a tuner?

Yes, this intake will become the intake that comes with our current Boss manifold/CAI/Tuner kit.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great, Gus!

Very much improved visually and installation-wise!:clap:

Got any hp/TQ numbers on it with this setup or will they remain relatively unchanged?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For someone who already has the original Steeda air intake, would the only difference be the inlet tube? If so could it be sold seperate to those who already have the steeda air kit and plan to upgrade to a boss manifold?

S

Steedagus

Would like to know also. This someone would be me! lol

-Nick

The MAF size is larger on our Boss setup. It may not transfer over without modification, until we actually try it I can't say for sure. The opening for the heat shield for the MAF looked different on the prototypes I looked at, so that may not be upgradeable either without modification.

Once full production is going I'll be able to answer these questions better.

S

Steedagus

We already have a kit where you can convert a manual tube to an automatic, its a fitting and grommet that you just have to drill a hole for and install. No worries.

Dirt Holden

Reaction score
Wicked sweet! Thanks for the teaser. I will hold off to buy this. Big thumbs up!

S

Steedagus

The MAF size is larger on our Boss setup. It may not transfer over without modification, until we actually try it I can't say for sure. The opening for the heat shield for the MAF looked different on the prototypes I looked at, so that may not be upgradeable either without modification.

Once full production is going I'll be able to answer these questions better.

Ok, the heat shields for most GT 5.0L Steeda CAI models are different from what the Boss kit will be for the MAF opening. Only kits sold in the past month or so are already set up to be able to transfer up to the larger MAF setup.

For people who already own a Steeda cold air kit who's production date is more than a month old from this date, we are throwing around the idea of just providing an upgrade kit that includes a template to cut a notch you will need to have in older heat shields to accomodate the larger MAF. The kit will include the new Boss intake hose & hardware, larger MAF, and the template. For automatic owners you can purchase the fitting and grommet kit I mentioned previously to make it compatible on an automatic.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Loved this kit. Was impressed with the quality and fit. Fwiw I'm pretty AR and rarely impressed with parts quality these days. Nice job guys

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, the heat shields for most GT 5.0L Steeda CAI models are different from what the Boss kit will be for the MAF opening. Only kits sold in the past month or so are already set up to be able to transfer up to the larger MAF setup.

For people who already own a Steeda cold air kit who's production date is more than a month old from this date, we are throwing around the idea of just providing an upgrade kit that includes a template to cut a notch you will need to have in older heat shields to accomodate the larger MAF. The kit will include the new Boss intake hose & hardware, larger MAF, and the template. For automatic owners you can purchase the fitting and grommet kit I mentioned previously to make it compatible on an automatic.

Sweet. Im assuming the bigger MAF would require a retune?

-Nick

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back