Some advice need for an emergency call out please

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just had my neighbour (3 doors away) come round and say that she has no sockets or heating at all !!

I went round and she has an MK board , so its main switch and lights up and down on the non RCD side, and on the RCD side its boiler, up / down sockets, kitchen sockets.

The RCD is on, but when testing at the bottom (busbar), no voltage at all !!

Tested on the mcb's (RCD side) and again no voltage !!! The RCD does trip when you press the test button.

I'm thing faulty RCD, so a quick look in my van and the RCD's that I have , have the L & N on the opposite sides, compared to the MK one.

I dont have a busbar that would be suitable for this, but I do have an MK main switch !!
So, I put the main switch on now (took RCD off), the L & N line up ok, as its MK and bingo, all is on and working !!

Did a measured ZS on sockets (0.31Ohms), and also ZE (0.13 TN-S).

I advised the neighbour that this is a temp fixture and I will get her an MK RCD first thing in the morning. I couldn't leave her without any power, as she has 2 newborn babies and needs sterilizer, fridge, sockets working.

Is that ok, do you think until the morning, or should I have left her without power until its fixed? Would you have done the same, given its 10.00pm on a Tuesday night !!

sajesak

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just had my neighbour (3 doors away) come round and say that she has no sockets or heating at all !!

I went round and she has an MK board , so its main switch and lights up and down on the non RCD side, and on the RCD side its boiler, up / down sockets, kitchen sockets.

The RCD is on, but when testing at the bottom (busbar), no voltage at all !!

Tested on the mcb's (RCD side) and again no voltage !!! The RCD does trip when you press the test button.

I'm thing faulty RCD, so a quick look in my van and the RCD's that I have , have the L & N on the opposite sides, compared to the MK one.

I dont have a busbar that would be suitable for this electrician, but I do have an MK main switch !!
So, I put the main switch on now (took RCD off), the L & N line up ok, as its MK and bingo, all is on and working !!

Did a measured ZS on sockets (0.31Ohms), and also ZE (0.13 TN-S).

I advised the neighbour that this is a temp fixture and I will get her an MK RCD first thing in the morning. I couldn't leave her without any power, as she has 2 newborn babies and needs sterilizer, fridge, sockets working.

Is that ok, do you think until the morning, or should I have left her without power until its fixed? Would you have done the same, given its 10.00pm on a Tuesday night !!
Thanks for any help

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
This is getting a little carried away. This is a Mustang web site. Not a Home owner site. Do you even have a Mustang?

MrBhp

Reaction score
And what the fuck is an RCD, an MK, and ZS, ZE???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back