(soon to be) New to the Mustang Community

cargomech

Reaction score
I wanted to stop in an introduce myself as I am about to join the S197 community in a couple of weeks. I have never owned a Mustang before but have decided that out of the options out there that this is the car for me. I was tossing around the idea of a semi-built 03/04 cobra or a S197. Well I came to the conclusion last week, with the help of my wife, to go for a fully built S197. Thankfully she also likes to drag race :). She runs a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3. High 13's not bad for an almost stock, full weight 4cyl 269 whp at that time.

I have been into import racing for the last few years with my 06 STI and after tons of time, money, and dyno runs (approx. 250) trying to diagnose an electrical problem, which still isn't solved, I am going back to V8's. I have had a couple of other V8's in the past a 95 FireHawk and a 96 WS6.

I currently live in Palmdale, CA but I'm originally from Baltimore, MD.

Also, does anyone know a good, reputable transport company that can move my new car from Maryland to California?

Pete

cargomech

Reaction score
well thank you..

I'm hoping to have some fun with my new/used 06 screaming yellow toy :evil:

Pete

Last edited:

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
You picked a damn good color too! That was one of my first choices but couldn't pass up the deal on the one I picked up in Performance White.

Welcome to the site. I have no doubts you will be hooked on mustangs forever with that one.

cargomech

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I figure the car should draw it's fair bit of attention. My other color choice would have been the Performance White ones.

Pete

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Damn Cargo, I don't think you'll have a problem getting any attention in that one! Congrats on that score. I've seen it at Atco quite a few times. What a beautiful car. I'm jealous now. That is the screaming yellow mustang to have for sure. Best of luck with it.

cargomech

Reaction score
Thanks Dave.

I just cant wait till I get to drive it. Now I want that shirt you had "it's stock, wanna race"

Pete

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell of a first Mustang you bought, that one is a BEAST.

Enjoy, and Welcome.

cargomech

Reaction score
congrats Pete.. Coming from an import to Jims old car, you won't look back:) Welcome:beerchug2:

Thank you. I'm trying not to look too far back because I still have to mod the wife's "semi" import. but it seems like every part I pull of her car says FoMoCo on it. Damn Mazdas

The only thing that sucks is I could take apart a Subaru in my sleep now I'm trying to learn the quirks of a new car

topbliss

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm trying not to look too far back because I still have to mod the wife's "semi" import. but it seems like every part I pull of her car says FoMoCo on it. Damn Mazdas

The only thing that sucks is I could take apart a Subaru in my sleep now I'm trying to learn the quirks of a new car

lol yea until you know the Mustang inside and out its gonna be a little weird.. Wait till you drive it.. I have seen that car run many times at Atco.. Very impressive.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back