Sparco evo 3. What did you use to mount it?

Discussion in 'Corner Carver Racing Tech Discussion' started by white86hatch, Jul 4, 2015.

1. white86hatch

white86hatch forum member

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on my seat but I'm trying to find the best mounting solution. I'll be using a sparco evo 3, sparco side mounts, and a recaro slider sourced from csamsh. My question is which seat base works best and requires the least amount of modification to work?

2. mitch

mitch HPDE Instructor

I had the exact setup in my 2000 GT.
    Evo 3, Side mounts and I used the brackets from Wedge Engineering.
    Was very happy with them, fit perfect, no issues..
    I would get the "Double locking Sliders" as an option as well.
    Customer service was very good. They had a question about my seats and actually picked up the phone and called me personally, rather than just email.

Good luck

http://wedgebrackets.com/seat-brack...QSq3_qOjSrn8QSF-He_EsOn95cWH3mkFVQaAia48P8HAQ

3. DTL

DTL forum member

Planted seat brackets are pretty tough and fit well. They aren't cheap though. I've seen people make their own, if you're a decent fabricator.

4. Mark Aubele

Mark Aubele forum member

I have the planted bracket in my '14. Couldn't get it low enough with sliders so I removed them. I like to sit very low though.

5. Roadracer350

Roadracer350 forum member

6. csamsh

csamsh forum member

I doubt those OMP mounts would get you low enough if you want a slider without any modification.

Handy picture

[​IMG]

7. JesseR916

JesseR916 Junior Member

hey guys, I'm buying a Sparco Evo 3 seat and need a proper base bracket. Sliders would be nice to have but I'm trying to be as low as possible. What's the best low profile base bracket if I do a fixed position? Thanks!

8. Speedboosted

Speedboosted Found missing cylinders

Just spend the money and get a Planted bracket. I bought one in person and they showed me around a little, very nice piece and great facility. It was $85 if I remember correctly but worth it with a perfect fit. I used it to side mount a Sparco Pro2000 without a slider and it's great.

9. JesseR916

JesseR916 Junior Member

Yea it's down to Planted and Wedge. How's the height on your seat compared to stock height?

10. mrfatride

mrfatride Junior Member

11. mrfatride

mrfatride Junior Member

12. Speedboosted

Speedboosted Found missing cylinders

Roughly the same, maybe lower. Both the stock seat and the Sparco could be set lower

13. JesseR916

JesseR916 Junior Member

talked to a sales guy at Planted. He said they make the base bracket for sparco. So Plated and Sparco are esses=ntially the same and have the same seat base height. The sparco one is known to be just as high as OEM height with a sparco evo III seat. I'm going with Wedge base bracket. I'll let you guys know how it works out soon!

14. QuickShift281

QuickShift281 forum member

I dont run Evo 3's, I run Sparco Sprints. On the driver side I run all Sparco hardware. Steel side mounts (rather than the aluminum option to maintain weight rules for AX Class), Sparco Sliders and Sparco seat base. With the sliders in place I have the seat set in the lowest set of holes in the side mounts. I love where it sits (Im about 5'7").

Side Mount PN; 004902
    Seat Base; 600SB039L (driver) 600SB039R (passenger)
    Sliders; 00493

On the passenger side I still run a Sprint with Sparco hardware. I just don't run a slider. I simply put my tallest friend in the seat and placed it from there. I give a ton of ride alongs and haven't had any complaints.

If you are the only one who ever drives your car, I could see how you could use the Sparco mounts and not run sliders on the driver side. They have a TON of adjustment.