Special on TechCo Cold air induction kits!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We are offering a limited time special for the TechCo cold air inductions system for your 2005-2009 Mustang. These kits are commonly used on higher horsepower or Saleen supercharged applications in order to allow the mass air meter to work at a higher power range. The stock mass air sensor sits in a housing measuring around 80mm inside. Most companys upgrade to a 90 or 95mm housing. Well the revolutionary TechCo cold air kit uses a 100 mm housing that holds the stock sensor. We have tested this air kit to keep the mass air under its max voltage reading well over 500 HP at the tires! JDM has tested this air kit up to 540 RWHP before maxing out the stock mass air flow sensor. With most aftermarket air kits will reach the maximum voltage of 5 volts well under the 500 HP mark. Limiting the potential power of your S197 Mustang. This kit is a very simple fit, comes with all parts necessary for install, and does require a custom tune.

Regular Retail Price: $599
Introductory Price: $469

JDM Special Price: $419 FREE Shipping and Handling!!
***Thats a $50 savings plus FREE shipping!!!

Product picture
l_0afd33fe84294d1bb45b5c53d5ce85a1.jpg

Installed on a 2008 Mustang GT with Saleen Supercharger
l_ccc6ca9eb4634aee8e9643c940bb373b.jpg

Direct from TechCo's website:
"TECHCO designed this Cold Air Kit to be the highest flowing kit available. The cold air kit Air Filter Shroud contains a large volume area to fit the high-volume Conical washable/reusable Air Filter, Billet Aluminum Venturi with 100mm Inlet Orifice, Billet Aluminum 100mm Mass Air Flow Meter Housing, and high-flow 100mm Cold Air Inlet Tube. The result is over 80lb/min flow at 5volts with your stock (MAFS) Sensor (MAFS Curve provided with the installation instructions for Required Custom Tune). The Flow Bench tested design of the TECHCO 100mm Cold Air Kit flows 951 CFM @ 19 IN H2O, a 45% increase over Stock and outflows the Saleen 98mm (Rubber & Hard Tube). This Cold Air Kit fits both Stock and Saleen Series VI Supercharged S197 V8 Mustang applications. This Cold Air Kit was featured on the 720HP SMS 25th Anniversary Mustang."

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They're showing up fine for me??

06281SC

forum member
Reaction score
sorry, my bad I thought you were going to show a pic of it on the 08 GT..

.. Does the modded tune come with it???

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sorry, my bad I thought you were going to show a pic of it on the 08 GT..

.. Does the modded tune come with it???

Let me speak with my father Eric, Call me tommorow..he is in texas as of tommorow for a week but when he gets back we can send a new tune.

Nick 1961

Reaction score
Hi Jim can i ask how this compares to the Saleen extreme air intake ?

I have a stroked 05 with a set of comp cams and a 540 Saleen blower running a 3.0 pully, 39lb injectors and a gt500 duel fuel pump, but i only hit 405 rwhp and the steeda air in take is maxed out. And hit only 10.5 boost.

Do you think the 2.8 pully, 60lb injectors, and the overdrive crank pully combined with the bigger air intake and a tune. do you think all this will work and produce bigger numbers ?

Thanks Nick

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim can i ask how this compares to the Saleen extreme air intake ?

I have a stroked 05 with a set of comp cams and a 540 Saleen blower running a 3.0 pully, 39lb injectors and a gt500 duel fuel pump, but i only hit 405 rwhp and the steeda air in take is maxed out. And hit only 10.5 boost.

Do you think the 2.8 pully, 60lb injectors, and the overdrive crank pully combined with the bigger air intake and a tune. do you think all this will work and produce bigger numbers ?

Thanks Nick

Do you mean the new Extreme kit from the 08+ E cars, or the one previous which was a 98mm air kit?? The current or latest model has a hard plastic inlet tube, 95mm mass air and new sensor, open cone filter, with plastic cover. The 98mm air kit had a rubber inlet and a new airbox with a 98mm maf housing for the stock sensor.

The New E air kit can handle over 700 HP at the tires because of its maf sensor. That is its best selling point. The Techco air kit does outflow it in testing but the stock sensor in that Techco MAF housing is only good for about 550 HP at the tires. With an aftermarket slot sensor it should be able to read as high or higher than the Saleen unit.

The steeda air kit you have should be good for close to 450 RWHP. What kind of dyno was it however? Im not sure what your entire setup is but with a 3.0 pulley you should see something more like 12-13 psi of boost. Id suggest making sure the gauge is right or there isnt something wrong such as belt slip to make the boost so low. What size belt are you running?

Id suggest switching to 60#s and id leave the crank pulley alone for right now.

What is the compression of your shortblock as well, and can you get me specs on the cams?

JimIII

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back