Springs, which to buy

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
So I found several springs forsale on craigslist near me, all for about the same amount. Which would be the best investment keeping in mind plans to swap in a 4.6 within a year or two.

2014 5.0 Stock springs-$50
09 GT500 Springs(1200miles)-$60
H and R springs-~$80, not including ship

The 09GT500 springs seem to be the best option to me, I hear they give around an inch drop front and back, and theyre practically brand new. Thoughts?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Your only choice is the H&R sorry buddy. Stock coyote springs are the same height, in fact probably taller being a heavier car. GT500 springs drop a GT500 an inch, that has an iron block etc etc and is heavier. It probably won't even drop your car any.

Go with the H&R springs

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Depends why you want springs. If you want to support your 4.6, you don't "need" to swap anything. If you want lower, something other than stockers will be needed.
If you want a little stiffer handling up front at stock height, stock GT's or other springs will work.
The backs are the same on v6 and GT; but again this only applies to stockish height.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Trim a coil off the gt500 springs. It'll lower it slightly as well as make it a little stiffer. Or you could get the H&R springs...but which ones are they?

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Trim a coil off the gt500 springs. It'll lower it slightly as well as make it a little stiffer. Or you could get the H&R springs...but which ones are they?

I don't know. For the time being I put it off, I have to use this car for a job and if it was lowered it would make the job harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
IIRC, FRPP K springs lowered my son's '05 V6 right about an inch all around.

Measure the ride height on your V6 from bottom of wheel well lip to center of wheel for both front and rear and I'll compare to the ride height on my son's car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back