Steeda Coilover suspension, spring seat coming loose?

G.T

Reaction score
Hello guys,

i have 2 cars fitted with the Steeda adjustable suspension.. one for over 2 years, the other one a couple months.

both eventually developed a clunk from the front, and after i checked and rechecked everything, i found the clunk coming from the spring seat area.

basically it seems the threaded part has somehow come lose from the main shock assembly, and can move a bit when the suspension gets loaded/unloaded

AvTLQl.jpg

i've taken a closer look and noticed there's like a nut that seems to hold everything down (shown below)

94Mxnl.jpg

is this the culprit?
what kind of tool (and what size) do i need to use on this? and what's the torque spec if any?

assuming this is the issue, i think it'd be better to take the whole thing off, and apply a generous amount of thread locker before tightening everything back down once and for all.

any suggestions?

S

Steedagus

I had someone else once come to me with this issue and it did indeed turn out to be that nut you showed being loose.

We had the customer do what we do which is put the assembly in a vice and with a huge wrench just tighten the nut back down. I'll ask what size that is and get back to you with it.

Hello guys,

i have 2 cars fitted with the Steeda adjustable suspension.. one for over 2 years, the other one a couple months.

both eventually developed a clunk from the front, and after i checked and rechecked everything, i found the clunk coming from the spring seat area.

basically it seems the threaded part has somehow come lose from the main shock assembly, and can move a bit when the suspension gets loaded/unloaded

AvTLQl.jpg

i've taken a closer look and noticed there's like a nut that seems to hold everything down (shown below)

94Mxnl.jpg

is this the culprit?
what kind of tool (and what size) do i need to use on this? and what's the torque spec if any?

assuming this is the issue, i think it'd be better to take the whole thing off, and apply a generous amount of thread locker before tightening everything back down once and for all.

any suggestions?

Back