Steeda Sport Springs: 555-8216 vs. 555-8215

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on getting some Steeda Sport Lowering Springs for my 2011 Mustang GT.

However, I have noticed two different part numbers for them: 555-8216 and 555-8215. I was wondering what the difference was.

Also, are either progressive rate springs or are they linear?

Thanks.

S

Steedagus

They are the same application, years ago we started using different suppliers to keep up with demands and the 2 part numbers just let us track the supplier chain.

Their total range is progressive but their working range is linear, meaning they will behave more like a linear rate spring in the range of compression they see when installed in the vehicle.

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Excellent! That clarifies so many things for me and based on the pictures of the springs I have seen, your description of their linear and progressive characteristics makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your help.

Springs are first and then I'll end up going with a Steeda CAI with tuner combination...just gotta save up for that.

Thanks again.

I also have a '92 Mustang LX 5.0L Convertible. It was sent down to you guys back in '92 when you installed a GT-40 top end kit (GT-40 tubular intake and iron GT-40 heads, both with a Steeda port and polish job, 1.7 roller rockers and some fancy Steeda plug wires). So, eventually, both my Mustangs will have Steeda enhancements. ;)

Back