Steeda Welcomes John Urist to the Team!

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I'm super excited about this, especially after getting to meet him this year at Bradenton, really cool guy, and his crew rocked too!

Steeda News - Press Release

Three time NMRA National Champion and World Street Challenge Champion John Urist has joined the Steeda Autosports racing stable. Racing in the wild NMRA Super Street Outlaw class, John is now flying the Steeda colors on his 1993 Mustang LX Coupe. Powered with a 420 CID Windsor engine with over 35 PSI of hard charging forced induction, John’s Mustang puts out an estimated 2000 horsepower…..enough gallop power to propel his pony down the quarter mile in 7.40 seconds at over 193 miles per hour.

“With the outstanding relationship I have with NITTO Tires, it was only natural that I should align myself with the world leader in Ford performance – Steeda Autosports”, commented John. “They are the largest manufacturer of Ford performance equipment in the World and really know what performance is about, it is in their DNA”.

Currently in first place in the Super Street Outlaw class, John is looking for his new relationship with Steeda Autosports to propel him to his 3rd consecutive and 4th overall National Championship this season.

Glen Vitale, Steeda’s Vice President of Operations adds, “John Urist is an outstanding competitor in NMRA drag racing and we are looking forward to this relationship to reap huge rewards as we work with John on future projects here at Steeda. It is only inevitable that this relationship will further accelerate our development of Steeda’s hardcore drag racing parts as well as further refinement of turbocharger and drag racing suspension systems.”

The very first race John participated in after joining forces with Steeda Autosports just happened to be the NMRA/NMCA Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing (July 17-20, 2008) in Joliet, Illinois. Nothing like starting in a big way – John finished 1st – outrunning everyone in the Super Street Outlaw class and adding yet another victory to the long list of Steeda’s accomplishments.

Congratulations John, and welcome to the Steeda Team!

Steeda – Where Speed Matters

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Very cool... congrats and best of luck to both John and Steeda! :beer:

Back