Steering Mode Selection

Budwise

forum member
Reaction score
What steering modes does everyone prefer for driving events? I've read some people saying the Sport mode causes rubber band effects and to use Normal etc etc. I'm curious to know what the more serious drivers think.

dontlifttoshift

forum member
Reaction score
I never checked but I was under the impression that it went right to sport when you shut the advance track off. That's where I liked it.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2011. I don't believe the steering feel ever changes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Budwise

forum member
Reaction score
My 2015 seems to allow me to turn off everything and still put it on any steering mode I want. :D

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I think that capability is new with the S550.

On edit - you should probably find your preferred steering mode setting based on how well you can feel what's happening down at the front tire contact patches rather than on how much effort it takes to turn the steering wheel.

Norm

Last edited:

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
On edit - you should probably find your preferred steering mode setting based on how well you can feel what's happening down at the front tire contact patches rather than on how much effort it takes to turn the steering wheel.

Norm

I would agree with you if the EPAS rack transferred any feeling whatsoever

claudermilk

Reaction score
I think it's as much all the sloppy bushings as anything. I've only changed the struts, springs, strut mounts, and now rack. The car seems a lot more communicative than stock. The Boss 302 rack also seems more communicative & lighter than the stock.

I haven't really bothered with changing the setting on the rack, always just leave it at normal. When I got the car I played with the settings. Sport just seemed like less assist, so heavier effort; comfort felt over-assisted & ultra light. No real change in feel I could tell aside from that.

Budwise

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, from the testing I've done I dont feel that any of them communicate to me better than the other it just makes it stiffer or lighter. That said, I think the Normal has the most linear feel as you turn the wheel so I may end up trying that out at MSR Cresson this weekend for a session or two to compare to the Sport.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back