stereo upgrade options

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
I've got an 08 with the stock Shaker 500. I'm looking at stereo upgrade options and looking for input as to what others have done with their systems. I like the Pioneer AVH-4100NEX. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else to do.

From what I've read, there are 6"x8"'s in the doors and the rear deck and 8" subs in the doors. Are there simple upgrade options for the subs in the doors?

I've got my battery on the passenger side of the trunk. All of the trunk mounted sub enclosures I've found for this car are built for the passenger side. Are there are any driver's side enclosures? Is a custom enclosure worth the time and money?

Thanks for any help.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
You are correct on the doors and deck. You can also change or the door subs with some low profile subs. And I use a custom box for dual 12's in the rear.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved.

There must be a dozen threads on door sub upgrades if you search.

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
You can upgrade the subs in the doors. Any audio shop worth anything can help you with a custom enclosure for a sub in the trunk. I am running a 3 way set up in mine. I had brackets made to fit my new speakers in. I have 3" mid and 1" tweeter in place of the 6x8 but you also can put a 5.25 mid and tweeter there as well. My first mustang was a 2006 and I replaced the factory 8's with some from Memphis. I believe it was a direct swap. I would advise if you do this you will need a amp dedicated to 8's. I hope this helps.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on eventually getting panels from a coyote minus subs. And put then somewhere else

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
I used to have a Nissan Altima which I had custom kick panels made. The kick panels will definitely sound awesome. The sound will be directed towards your chest and head. I would put your components in the kick panels and change out the 8's with the kickers you have purchased. Good luck!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back